THIRTY-SIX, THE PRETEND DEMENTORS!

THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS WENT BY so fast for Cassie, and the next Quidditch match was Gryffindor and Ravenclaw

THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS WENT BY so fast for Cassie, and the next Quidditch match was Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. From very high up, Cassie could see Cho say something to Harry with a small smile, and she frowned. Lee smirked at her, making the blonde roll her eyes. Harry glanced up to where she was, making her smile slightly.

As Madam Hooch blew the whistle, Harry kicked off into the air.

"They're off, and the big excitement this match is the Firebolt that Harry Potter is flying for Gryffindor. According to Which Broomstick, the Firebolt's going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Championship --"

"Jordan, would you mind telling us what's going on in the match?" interrupted Professor McGonagall.

"Right you are, Professor -- just giving a bit of background information -- the Firebolt, incidentally, has a built-in auto-brake and --"

"Jordan!"

"Gryffindor in possession, Katie Bell of Gryffindor, heading for goal..." Cassie said, shooting Lee a look as he gave her a proud smile. Harry seemed to lose concentration when he heard Cassie's voice, but he quickly gained concentration when he noticed that Cho Chang was tailing him closely.

"Show her your acceleration, Harry!" Fred yelled as he whooshed past in pursuit of a Bludger that was aiming for Alicia.

Cassie watched as Harry urged the Firebolt forward as they rounded the Ravenclaw goal posts and Cho fell behind. Just as Katie succeeded in scoring the first goal of the match, he dived; Cho saw what he was doing and tore after him -- Harry was speeding up, Cassie knew he had spotted the snitch.

Then a Bludger, hit by one of the Ravenclaw Beaters, came pelting out of nowhere; Harry hardly avoided it, but he did ( thankfully, because Cassie would probably freak out if he didn't ).

There was a great "Ooooooh" of disappointment from the Gryffindor supporters, but much applause for their Beater from the Ravenclaw end. George Weasley vented his feelings by hitting the second Bludger directly at the offending Beater, who was forced to roll right over in midair to avoid it.

"Gryffindor leads by eighty points to zero, and look at that Firebolt go! Potter's really putting it through its paces now, see it turn -- Chang's Comet is just no match for it, the Firebolt's precision -- balance is really noticeable in these long --" Lee was saying.

"JORDAN! ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FIREBOLTS? GET ON WITH THE COMMENTARY, OR EVEN BETTER, LET CASSIE DO ALL THE COMMENTATING!"

Ravenclaw was pulling back; they had now scored three goals, which put Gryffindor only fifty points ahead -- if Cho got the Snitch before him, Ravenclaw would win. Harry dropped lower, searching frantically for the snitch.

Harry accelerated, eyes fixed on the speck of gold ahead -- but just then, Cho appeared out of thin air, blocking him.

"HARRY, THIS IS NO TIME TO BE A GENTLEMAN!" Wood roared as Harry swerved to avoid a collision. "KNOCK HER OFF HER BROOM IF YOU HAVE TO!"

Cassie pursed her lips, anger bubbling within her as she saw Cho stare at Harry. She agreed with Oliver, knock her off her broom.

"Oh!" screamed Cho, pointing.

Distracted, Harry looked down.

Three Dementors, three tall, black, hooded Dementors, were looking up at him. Cassie frowned, they were not dementors. She knew exactly who they were.

Harry, however, didn't know they weren't actually dementors as he plunged a hand down the neck of his robes, he whipped out his wand and roared, "Expecto patronum!"

Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his wand. He knew it had shot directly at the 'Dementors' but didn't pause to watch; he stretched out the hand still grasping his wand and just managed to close his fingers over the Snitch.

"POTTER CATCHES THE SNITCH!" Lee announced, "I'M TELLING YOU HIS FIREBOLT WAS WHAT MADE THEM WIN!"

"YOU GO HARRY!" Cassie said, clapping her hands together so hard that they were turning red.

Madam Hooch's whistle sounded. Harry turned around in midair and saw six scarlet blurs bearing down on him; next moment, the whole team was hugging him so hard he was nearly pulled off his broom. Down below he could hear the roars of the Gryffindors in the crowd.

"That's my boy!" Wood kept yelling. Alicia, Angelina, and Katie had all kissed Harry; Cassie was fuming when she saw them.

"Yes!" Ron yelled, yanking Harry's arm into the air. "Yes! Yes!"

"Well done, Harry!" said Percy, looking delighted. "Ten Galleons to me! Must find Penelope, excuse me --"

"Good for you, Harry!" roared Seamus Finnigan.

"Ruddy brilliant!" boomed Hagrid over the heads of the milling Gryffindors.

"Well done, Harry!" Cassie exclaimed, wrapping her arms around him and pulling him into a hug. "I knew you could do it, you're the best player in the whole school... even better than Callie, but don't let her know I said that."

Harry could feel his grin grow wider as he tightened his arms around Cassie's waist. Callie beamed at them as she pulled them away, so she could hug Harry in celebratory too.

"Well done, Harry!" She said to him, before she turned to Cassie and grabbed her hands. "I'm proud of you."

"That was quite some Patronus," Professor Lupin appeared out of nowhere, making Cassie flinch and hold a hand to her chest.

"The Dementors didn't affect me at all!" Harry said excitedly. "I didn't feel a thing!"

"I wonder why," Cassie stated sarcastically, patting Harry's shoulder when he had the most confused look on his face.

"That would be because they -- er -- weren't Dementors," said Professor Lupin. "Come and see --"

Remus led Harry, Callie and Cassie out of the crowd until they were able to see the edge of the field.

"You gave Mr. Malfoy quite a fright," said Remus.

Lying in a crumpled heap on the ground were Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Azalea, all struggling to remove themselves from long, black, hooded robes. It looked as though Draco had been standing on Goyle's shoulders. Standing over them, with an expression of the utmost fury on her face, was Professor McGonagall.

Callie and Cassie let out a loud laugh, making them all shoot glares in the twins' direction.

"An unworthy trick!" Minnie was shouting. "A low and cowardly attempt to sabotage the Gryffindor Seeker! Detention for all of you, and fifty points from Slytherin! I shall be speaking to Professor Dumbledore about this, make no mistake! Ah, here he comes now!"

Aurora dragged Rowan towards them, to show him how Azalea was tangled up on the floor. The Smith's thought it was hilarious, especially when Azalea was starting to cry from her frustration and embarrassment.

"Come on, Harry!" said George, fighting his way over. "Party! Gryffindor common room, now!"

A/N: I can't wait for Harry and Cassie - I love them so much! I was going to be nice with them in GoF, but I decided not to so I'm excited to write about their relationship there.  Also, jealous Cassie during the game is a mood.
QOTD: what is your favourite emoji?
AOTD: 🫣 or 🍆!