Chapter One - Rotting Flower

A/N :: PLEASE READ ME !!!!!!! This story is a remake of my VERY old 2020 (cringe ahh) unfinished , 25-chpt TBHK oc fanfic , simply titled " Flower Girl " . Don't go searching for it 'cause when I wrote it , it was all written in drafts and all on one part by mistake 'cause I was an idiot and I had NO fvckin' clue what I was doing <<33 xoxo pookie . So that's nice-- 

Also the cover art is a "place-holder" up until I figure out an actual cover ,, same for the rest of the art in this chapter . 

Psssssttttttt ! Hey ! Maybe if this story gets some hype I'll post the OG 2020 fanfic 👀 

Trigger warnings ; Death , grief , brief mentions of smoking and drinking , fighting , hints of co-dependent relationships , brief mentions of m3rder , brief mentions of p3king , cursing , and brief mentions of "higher being(s)" 

(and EUR spelling , heads up for any US readers xP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chpt . One ; Rotting Flower ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary ,

My friend Kaitlin Idelisa is dead .

Dead , deceased , gone . That was for certain . What wasn't for certain was the cause of death . Nobody knew , not even the morgue . And they know basically everything . At least I think . I mean , it wasn't murder , and she wasn't a Jane Doe . Shouldn't that give them something to work with ? I don't know . I'm just a student . She died on Thursday . Her funeral is Saturday . Today . Of course , I will attend . I was her best friend . One of the few friends she had . I held her in her dying moments , even after calling an ambulance and having to be peeled off her as she was being brought into the ambulance , and bursting into the hospital to weep over her more , up until she flat lined and I had to be removed once again . Back to my point ; I was her best friend , through life and through death .

" Roses are red , violets are blue ; I can't help but wonder........When will I be here ....With you ? "

This whole diary entry is a lament . Myuko , my older sister , says I should go to therapy , but we both know we don't have the money for that . Or , talk to the school counselor . I don't think highly of her . But that's just me . Personally . Eh , that goes for both of them . I don't think highly of the school counselor or my sister .

Hot-take , I suppose . 

This entry's brief , my hand's cramping and I'm tired from sobbing and puking . I should probably get going . The funeral will  be in a couple minutes , I assume . Write to you soon , Diary.

Signed , Mai Myumi <3 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myumi let her pen drop upon her leather notebook as she stared off into the abyss that was her dark room . It was silent . Well , other than her own nagging thoughts and the slow hissing of her ceiling fan swaying rapidly in a circle from way up high in the centre her ceiling . 

Another sound was quick to join in----

A slow knocking  sort of sound . 

" Hey......Myu....... "  Her sister said , slowly creaking open the door with a soft expression upon her round and tear-stained face , " It's.....It's almost time.....Uhm.....You ready ......? " 

Ah , yes . Kaitlin's funeral was today ; Saturday , May 17th , 20XX , at 5pm ---- what time was it right now ?! --- Myumi quickly fumbled through her messy strawberry duvet bed sheets for her phone , finally finding it under a folded up weighted blanket and some plushies . With a simple tap of the home button , her phone lit up , revealing her lock-screen ; a Polaroid photo of her in the centre on the school balcony with the beautiful pinkish-orange sunset behind them , gaping through the high wired fence with her two best friends on either side -- Kaitlin Idelisa  standing on Myumi's left , nervously smiling at the camera , her heterchromic eyes softly focused on the camera being held a fair distance in-front of her face  , followed by Junou Koeshi standing on the right giving a wink and a smile , baring their brace-teeth .