Chapter Fifteen | You're fucked.

The sacred bells rang as the healing water of the lanterns shined bright during the dusk hours. The Gibbous moon was almost turning into a full one, waxing to all its glory, for which the noble Priestess prayed for.

Sofia smiled at the kindled rituals of the great Goddess Luna, with the shredded crimson obsidian being an offering at her feet by her apprentices, who left the temple for rest.
The mother adorned herself with Luna's jewelery, silver and white, brewing the emotion of devotion in her soul.

She felt the Goddess' energy sing to her heart as she turned around to find her devoted son. At the pillar of the oracle sat he, with his mind calm and mind's eye stronger, sat her son.
He kept his eyes closed, unwavered from any emotion or distraction, breathing in the power of his moon while others sleep, and came through his clarity.

After 90 days of penance, shall he be granted a boon. Sofia watched him every day, seeking blessings and keeping Mother Luna happy with his deprivation.

"Ask what you seek, son." Sofia spoke, bringing the leftover offerings to his feet.

Zane opened his eyes.

And he said nothing.

Sofia adorned a small smile on her face.

"This is your 8th penance. For once, ask something, darling." Sofia implored, sitting beside his meditative state with caution, as Zane looked at the Goddess statue inside the oracle temple.

Sofia knew he was thinking hard. Normally, he carries a neutral face without any harsh feeling while looking at his Goddess. Today, he carried a fearful face.

"Are you afraid of something?" Sofia asked, choosing not to worry and ask him herself.

He did not say anything.

"You want Azalea's freedom from the trial?" Sofia theorised softly, keeping her warm palm on his lap.

Zane looked at his mother's hand, and softened his eyes.

"Goddess is happy with your devotion, baby. Do not be afraid to ask for her freedom. Believe in her." Sofia encouraged him with a strong feeling infused into her mothermood towards her hier, and Zane only thought of one thing.

"I want the Council."

𓂃 ֙

"Leave the girl with the man. She'd need a father." Azalea stated with a scowl because of the heat, feeling sweat starting to surface on her skin, watching everyone get the medical aid they need thanks to Dr. Lee, outside the Council building.

A few other specialists were rushed to treat immense wounds. Nyx managed to bring allies to patch in.

"Noted," Ro confirmed, making a few notes on his phone, burrying a hand in one of his pockets. They stood at the gates while the others were at work, standing in silence for a while.

"The news will spread that Zane has the Council." He muttered under his breath, not really keen from that circumstance.

"We'll be ready for opposers." Azalea promised, crossing her arms to watch a few people finally calm down and heal themselves, and Ro observed her relaxed posture for a moment or two.

He scoffed to himself.
Azalea questionably stared at him.

"I don't know how you can not tell anyone about the things you've pulled off," Ro chirped excitedly, feeling the adrenaline creeping on him from the trial.
"When did you start planning all this? Must've taken a while." Ro asked curiously with a playful smile, making Azalea lose her neutral face.