Irresistible

Chapter 1

I went and sat on my couch wondering why my boyfriend wasn’t home yet. I flicked over some channels on the TV and picked out Hollyoaks. I picked up my I pad and went on twitter. I read through the tweets. That’s strange I thought. I looked at my baby Darcy who squealed. I read more tweets.  Sorry for you loss directioners. R.I.P Harry.  Were they talking about my Harry? Harry Styles? What had happened? These were the thoughts that all ran through my brain at once.

I picked up my daughter, put her on my hip and picked up my tablet. I carried them both up to my bedroom. I put then both down on my bed and then I grabbed one of Harry’s jumpers out of the wardrobe and pulled it over my head.  I went and sat down on my bed and flicked through my facebook and twitter accounts. I felt a shudder go down my spine. Was my Harry dead? I felt tears prick my eyes.  I pulled my phone out of my pocket, unlocked it and wrote a text “When you gonna be back baby. I miss you xxxx” I selected Harry’s number and pressed send.

I sat on my bed for another half hour texting my friends and playing with Darcy. Finally I got a text back “I dunno babe. I love you. Just close your eyes and pretend I’m there I will be soon xxxxxx oh and say hi to Darcy ;)” I breathed out a sigh of relief, at least he’s ok.

“Shit!” I shouted. It was already 6:30 the time I had arranged to go around to Emily’s.  I put down my I pad and quickly texted Emily to say I would be late. I picked up Darcy and ran downstairs. I put on her tiny pink boots and her purple duffle coat. I shoved my feet in my boots and pulled my Superdry coat on over Harry’s jumper. I grabbed my car keys and shut the door and locked it. I opened the car and put Darcy in her car seat and buckled her up. I slammed the door shut and opened mine. I turned the key and did up my seatbelt and drove off.

***

I rang Emily’s doorbell and she answered the door. I gave Darcy to Emily’s daughter Charley and walked through into the kitchen where Emily had put on the kettle. I perched on the side of the work top and kicked off my shoes.

Emily and I have been best friends since we were 13. To be honest we’re so close I know her better than I know Harry. Now the fact that we’re dating two really good friends means that we since each other at least once a week and we are more like sisters than friends.

When the kettle had boiled and Emily had made our coffee we went and sat in the living room.

“So you’re wearing Harry’s jumper again!” Emily said jokingly.

I giggled a bit and the blushed.

We talked about loads. After all we are the two girls going through the exact same thing. Trust me I bet you don’t know many people who’s boyfriends go on tour for 2 ½ months and then get stuck in the states for weeks because of snow. We talked for hours on end and then Emily got a text. She grinned and then said “It’s from Niall.”

Finally, I left and hopped in the car with Darcy. She squealed along to my favourite my CD as we made the 20 minute drive back home. (But today it took us 35 minutes because of the snow and the traffic).

I opened my front door and carried in Darcy and my bag. I chucked my bag on to the kitchen counter and put Darcy down on the armchair; I stroked my hand through her hair and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

I wondered into the kitchen and opened the dishwasher. I unloaded it and put everything away into the correct places in the cupboards. Suddenly, I heard a creak coming from upstairs, then a voice and then another creak. My heart started to race. I walked through into the corridor, quickly and quietly. I picked up Harry’s baseball bat and walked up the stairs slowly. When I reached the top I heard a creak coming from Darcy’s room. I walked into the room and swung the baseball bat right at his head.