Chapter Sixteen | Noise is fine.

He watched her as she slept.
It comforted him, it was creepy.

His heartbeat skipped as she grabbed onto his blanket, clicking her lips while dreaming about something unknown.

Zane was perplexed, he was supposed to kill her. She was supposed to die, begging him to have mercy. And now she gets to sleep in his bed.

No one was allowed in his room. Not even his pack.
Not even his family.

He stared at the missed calls on his phone, the missed calls from his mother. His father called him once, and he didn't pick up.
He wanted to be alone.

Molly texted through her mother's phone. He left them on seen.

He could only focus on her hair softly falling on her face and how her figure looked in his old clothes.

He stared at her body, inching her head to her feet. She was not tiny, but she was not tall either.

Ironically, she'd fit just perfectly against him. He hated that.

He hated the little access to where he could see her big breasts, how they rested against her with her arms almost spread out. Her tummy was so soft, her neck so delicate.
He wondered if she'd ever seduce someone to kill them.

He dared not to think too much.
His wolf was barring to take control and do things she'd never survive, she'd never feel tired of.

Zane looked across the room, at his reflection with an unhappy scowl.

His eyes were black.

𓂃 ֙

Azalea whined into her warmth, not being able to shift as she was trying to sleep better with a more comfortable position. Her body felt drained, tired, too heavy to walk with. She had been sleeping for 2 hours, but it felt like 2 days.

She hated how she felt like she was on a recovery bed.

"Ugh." She huffed, clutching onto the blanket harder.

She kept hearing thumps over and over again, it kept stimulating her. It was distracting.

She heard people talking too. Even more annoying.

"Make it stop." She whined in her sleep, hitting the pillow hard after having a big yawn. Her hands felt so light compared to her body.

"Shut up." She heard him growl to the people talking, as the chattering instantly stopped after his entrance. Azalea smiled to herself as she snuggled more into the bed, feeling warmer and warmer.

"Is that-"

"Not right now, Leon." Zane shook his head, carrying a fragile Azalea deeper into his castle after they drove for hours to the point where it was already dark outside, but he dreaded facing everyone in his home.

He thought they'd be asleep by now.

He didn't them to see her yet. He wanted to keep her with him only.

He held a sneer on his face as he kept walking, seeing his small mate mistake his shirt for her blanket and his chest for her pillow. Watching her face made things easier for him, god knows how much he had to work in the next few days after getting the Council all to himself.

Azalea heard his strong heartbeat against her face. Though distracting, it gave her solace. She would rather hear it than not hear it, his heart beated at a little faster than normal rate with her in his arms.