Part- 5 ( The Fragile Girl )

FLASHBACK

      Approximately Eleven Minutes Ago

After entering the room, Evelyn began to scan her surroundings with sharp but seductive gazes. She had an incredible ability to mask her curiosity, anxiety, or nervousness with her facial expressions. Her cool, alluring stare could create a delusion in others' minds. The angrier she became, the more her facial expressions transformed into those of a cute, sexy, or happy person, depending on the situation. This talent earned her the nickname 'Chamelyn' (a combination of Chameleon and Evelyn) from the Special Crime Department of New York.

She saw the whole room was decorated with dim purple lights. A fancy couch was placed on the left side, with a designer glass center table in front of it, holding several drink bottles and two glasses.

On the right side of the room, there was a large cage containing a bed for hooking up. The bed was covered with a deep red velvet sheet, two pillows, and four fancy cushions. Beside the bed, sex toys decorated the corner rack, which didn't escape her notice. Romantic music played softly, making the atmosphere more erotic.

She frowned when she noticed two closed doors. She guessed one was a bathroom, but she couldn't understand the purpose of the second door in such a small room.

"Maybe it's a room where they store other sex toys, drugs, or alcohol," she thought to herself, limping as she carefully observed every detail of the room.

But she was forced to stop in the middle of the room when Maria pulled her, holding her waist from behind, and enveloped her in a tight embrace.

Maria then rested her chin on Evelyn's right shoulder and asked in a seductive tone, "Babe, do you like it?"

"I love it." Evelyn replied, smirking.

But, out of the blue, her smirk turned into a groan of pain when Maria grabbed her hair with her right hand and harshly pulled it back.

"What are you doing? It hurts!" she said with pain in her voice, struggling to free herself from Maria's strong grip on her hair.

"That's why I'm doing this. You fucking bitch! Do you think I'm a fool who wouldn't recognize that you're a cop here to catch us?" Maria asked angrily through gritted teeth as she threw her onto the center table, causing it to break into several pieces along with the drink bottles and glasses.

Evelyn's left hand became ensnared by countless pieces of shattered glass as she instinctively shielded her face from being scratched. The pressure of her body weight bore down on her left hand, embedding the glass fragments deep into her skin, eliciting a small scream of agony. Consequently, blood began to trickle from her wounded hand.

Maria asked several questions with a serious expression, tinged with curiosity: "Tell me why you took the case by yourself. What do you know about us, and how much? Who are you?"

But Evelyn didn't reply to her. She lay on the floor like a helpless person who had been injured, fake tears streaming from her eyes as she howled.

At that moment, the second door opened, and a man entered the room, loading bullets into his gun. He was wearing black ripped wide-leg jeans and a white t-shirt.

With a curious look, the man asked Maria, "Who is she?"

"A cop," Maria replied with furious facial expression.

"Today I'll kill you with my bare hands, cutting your body into several pieces. Then, we will throw your body parts in front of your useless police department. They will learn their lessons for betraying us. We never forget to send their commissions every month, so how dare they? How did they not know about the change of plan? They sent a female cop to catch us when they said two male cops would come. They didn't know about the change in their plans.