Chapter Seventeen | A good angle.

You'd think she would look away.

Surely, she'd be too embarrassed to look at her mate almost bare, hardly even shameless about his rather alluring presence.

You'd think she'd at least close her eyes.

She didn't. 

She couldn't.

All the air in her body left as her eyes fell on him, as he opened the door and without looking back, he closed the door.

Something in Azalea's body was awakened, something that she had never experienced before. Not even when she was a rogue, not even when she was not one.
She couldn't fathom with this urge, an urge so powerful that she automatically closed her legs and covered her bottom half with the godsend blanket.

He was hiding himself too much under those clothes.

Too say he was jacked is an understatement.

He was too much.

She shamelessly started counting in front of him.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six.

Seven.

Eight..

Nine...

"That is so unrealistic." She deadpanned, clutching onto the blanket harder as he did not stop.

He saw her all buried and rested in that bed. He knew she was warm, she smelled like him, and he understood his family disturbed her sleep. He made sure with his hearing that no one was on the floor and never halted.

His walking somehow made his arms look majestic. She felt blood pool her cheeks again. It didn't help he had a cold face on him.
And he was walking towards her. Azalea became a statue.

Do I look like a closet to you? Azalea squirmed to herself in her mind.

He still kept walking towards her.

The worst thing is, she can't even look away. When his eyes reach him, she can never win. She knew he was controlling her in some way. She couldn't ever describe it in words.
And from his look, he easily threatened her that if she were to look away, he would do something that she couldn't handle.

And with that, he reached her side of the bed.

She looked up at him with eyes of wonder. He cocked his head to the side, admiring her awoken face.

"H-Hi." She stuttered stupidly.

She wanted to slap herself.

"You slept good, hm?" He spoke in his morning voice.
She died.

THIS IS NOT FAIR. I am watching you, Luna. I am so fucking watching you.

"It was nice." She replied too quickly.

"You looked good sleeping under me."

SCREW YOU LUNA.

"You were on top of me?" She asked, dumbfounded. She almost sounded offended, but then he removed the blanket off of her. He smirked at her innocence.
"You made me." He whispered into her face, reaching her head with his hand to make her rest her chin on his abdomen, and she shuddered against him.

She looked up at him with soft blinks, feeling like she had been letting her guard down around him too much. But she didn't feel threatened. It was eating her insides to be in the dangerous phase of the mate bond.
But when she looked at him, she sometimes closed her eyes for a few seconds to enjoy the touch of his body, his smell, his presence. His stare became friendlier, cozier. He did not glare at her like he would. He did not trap her. He just invited.