Unexpected Encounter

"An empty home and always cold," I said to myself as I looked around my home, I have been living here for a year now. I always wanted to live alone because my parents nagged me so much if I didn't do my laundry or wake up early like my best friend Nok. I pulled my blanket to cover my cold stomach, the blankets were so soft and I felt so warm that I wished I didn't have to go to work. Speaking of work, I looked at my wall clock it was 6:00 am. "Shit, I'm late". I hurriedly went to clean up and go to work. "Why did Nok not wake me up". I thought. I took my car key and left in a hurry to the parking lot and drove off to work.

"Hello Jade I'm sorry I did not wake you up, I went clubbing and had some much to drink and forgot"

"It's okay I'm actually on my way, see you later"

"Okay"

Jade and I have been friends since childhood. We were born in the same area although he is 2 years older. He has been taking care of me since I was a kid. He always protected me from bullies when we were in college. We were so close to each other and most people thought yeah till today they think that we are boyfriends but we dated for a month back in college before deciding to go back to being friends.

"What is wrong with you" I shouted to a person I had never seen at the company before "Can you remove your fucking car on the way I'm late I don't have the whole day like you".

"Are you talking to me" He slowly opened his car window? He had a nice-looking face so smooth and his hair was nicely done and he had expensive sunglasses. "Is he an actor".

"what"

"Nothing. Yes, I'm talking to you." Looking around. "Do you see anyone else here who is parking his car like he has nothing else to do"

"Next time come to work early. Your hair is so messy" he said as entered the company.

"What, why I'm I so unlucky today" I thought as I looked at myself in my car mirror. My hair was so messy because I did not have enough time to prepare I quickly passed my hand on my messy hair to at least make it look nice. "Thank God because I could embarrass myself at the office." I quickly ran to the office because I was already late.

"Where have you been," Melisa asked

"Yeah, I'm so unlucky today, I was late waking up and at the parking, I met a handsome stupid man who thinks that he has the whole day to slowly park his car," I said as I unpacked my bag placing my computer and my notebook on my desk.

"Just forget about your handsome stupid man. How can the new boss arrive before you? You're so lucky that he doesn't know anyone yet"

"What new boss" I Shipley asked as I sat on my chair "Oh yeah, we have a new boss."

"And he is hot, handsome, nice hair, cute smooth face like an actor" I Shook my head and wondered why I had Melisa as a friend. She admired all the handsome guys she saw and claimed that they were her type just forgetting she is married with 2 kids. I slapped on her head to bring back her senses.

"Did you just forget that your husband and kids love their mother" I smiled

"Oh yeah, I'm married. Why did I rush to get married I wish I knew there were handsome men out here I would not have gotten married. But he could be your type." She patted me on the shoulder as she left to go to her desk

She was the only one in the company who knew I liked men. I admired Melisa so much. She was the first person I met when I first joined the company. she helped me catch up and adapt to the new environment. She is 5 years older with a beautiful home, a husband and kids. I felt lonely and began missing my dead parents who made my home like a home despite them nagging me a lot about being lazy I loved them being around. I hated thinking about my parents because I ended up crying and I dared not cry at the office.