This time, let me love you first [Mammon x reader]

[Set in Nightbringer after taming Cerberus]

Knocking on his door, you hoped Mammon would open it for you.
He always holed himself up in his room when he was upset, and act like it wasn't obvious that he is.
You had a sudden flashback, a deja vu, back to the first time Mammon had been like that. It was, well, your past and their future.

Back when Mammon was furious over how you had been making pacts just for Belphegors sake.

"That's not true."

You told him. Afterall, you made your first pact with him before you even knew about his youngest brother.

You wondered if you should kick down his door, just as you had almost done before.

But you remembered it wasn't the same...

The second born who had a crush on you. The second born whose crush developed into something beyond just a 'crush'.

He was smitten with you, absolutely entranced with a human like you.

But now he only saw you as a random demon forced to take care of them. You couldn't even tell him the truth.

Mammon, who used to hold you so highly in his heart, now treated you like a bother.
It hurt. It hurt that he was still Mammon but... so different.

Everyone was so different and you understood why.

But with Mammon it hurt more. You loved him like no other.
"I'm yer first man, ya got it?"

He always told you that in your past and you would roll your eyes at him playfully,
''Yes, yes. And i love you too."

That would have been enough to send him into a blushing pink mess, no matter how many times it had been repeated.

Nothing could beat that fateful day he confessed.

He waited nervously outside your room, tapping his foot on the ground.

''Dress formal, okay?"
He texted the day before.

Needless to say you were shocked when he asked you to, when all he did was ask you to lunch like he would any other day.

You were even more surprised when you saw him dressed like he was going to attend a ball.
The demon's hair was styled neatly one side combed back, a contrast to his usual fluffy messy one.

A rosy pink tint crept up his face when he saw you in your beautiful dress.
He must've realised he was staring a bit too long when you waved your hand in front of him to break him out of his trance.

Shoving the bouquet of flowers he prepared before hand to your face, he quickly said,
"Youlookrealnicetoday."

You giggled at his words,
"Well, you are looking real nice yourself."

Hanging around him for long enough forced you to understand the words he would say in a hurry at times.

The red on his cheeks grew even redder,
"How'd ya- ah nevermind. Here,"
He extended his arm out, hinting at you to take it and link yours with his.

You gladly took it. You were fully aware of how much he loved you, you were just waiting for him to say it to you properly, for you felt the exact same.

A bit of an asshole move but what can you say, you would like him to make the first move.

"Be back before 10 p.m."

"D'AH! Lucifer ya bas- you scared the daylights outta me!"

Lucifer smirked and all of a sudden, a line of his younger brother's faces popped out from behind a pillar, all snickering and stifling a laughter.