1

Daria's POV

I take a deep breath and smooth out my dress before entering Payne Inc. I walk in seeing the first floor , people rushing in and out.

I walk up to the receptionist desk "Hello, My name is Daria Lamont I'm here for an interview with Mr. Payne" I spoke confidently.

She stares at me for a while before going back to typing "Ah yes" she says not looking up at me. "Mr. Payne is waiting for you. His office is on the top floor. The receptionist there will give you further instructions" I nod a mumble 'thank you' as I walk towards the elevator.

I get in the elevator as the door was about to close someone says "Hold the elevator!" I quickly put my hand between the doors hoping it would not smash my hand.

The young handsome man walks in and smiles "Thank you so much, I'm almost late" he let out a awkward laugh and pressed the top floor button. "Are you on top floor too?" The elevator starts to go up.

I smile back at him "yeah"

"I'm Evan by the way. I work as the mail boy on this floor" he says

"Daria, I'm getting interviewed actually"

"Good luck" he says "you'll love it here. Mr. Payne is really nic-" the elevator opening cuts him off. "Well I see you around? Good luck " he smiles at me.

"Thanks" I said stepping out and walking to the receptionist desk.

"Daria Lamont?" She asks . I smile a nod . " Mr. Payne is expecting you. His office is right there. Knock before you walk in . And good luck" she smiles and I return it.

I take a deep breath and knock on the door twice.

" Come on"

-

New story! Sorry for short chapter. I'm typing this on my phone and its hurting my hand haha.

Hope you found it interesting!

Btw this is not based on the movie Just My Luck.

I was just listening to Just My Luck by Mcfly (on the side) and got the idea