Red.

it's the color of the dress she was wearing when you first saw her standing across the room.

it's the color of the roses you picked from your garden to give to her on your first date.

it's the color of her lips after you shared your first kiss on her doorstep.

it's the color of the wine you drank  together that will stain your teeth forever.

it's the color of the door on the house you bought together after those first few months of living together and the color of the car you bought together.

it's the color of the stocking you put the ring you going to propose with the next morning on Christmas.

it's the color of her happy face when you proposed.

it's the color you made the bridesmaids wear at the wedding.

it's the color of the velvet cake you chose for the ceremony.

it's the color of your face when she didn't show up at the wedding.

it's the color of the car you drove trying to find where she was.

it's the color of the car that drove off the side of the rode into a tree.

it's the color of the sirens on the ambulance that was on the corner of your street pulling a person from the car you bought for her.  

it's the color of the EMT's stains on his shirt when he told you that she didn't make it.

it's the color of the blood flowing from your fist from punching the ground so hard because it should have been you in the car and not her.

it's the color that wasn't there on her face when she laid in the casket so pale.

it's the color that haunts your memories of her forever.

it was her favorite color.