Gay Vacation go BRRRRRR

Out of all the things I have seen or didn't expect whatsoever. That was getting a break. I didn't believe that the only full-time employee at the shitty Gas Station at the edge of town would EVER get a break here. But apparently, I did (somehow, this was a hundred miracles and a half.) I never even understood why the fuck I even got the break anyway.

The owners never told me why whatsoever. They called me super late at night last week. It was about five A.M. when I heard the phone ring and I was almost done with my shift. Remember, this was not too long before Spencer went over and kicked my ass. So I still had a leg to walk with.

I went over and answered the phone as soon as I could. I made sure to grab some quarters from my wallet as well (just to be prepared if I had to pay the owners for the phone call and never be unprepared for possible situations.) And I answered the phone.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey, Jack!” It was Pops, one of the owners of the place. His gruff voice couldn't convince me otherwise. “How's work so far kid?”

I shrugged and said, “It's alright so far. Haven't seen many customers recently. Man, this place can be barren,”

“Yeah kid, this place does have the potential of that.” He said, he then decided to drop the good old bombshell that I honestly never expected him to say. I'd expected him to say that I was fired more than what he said right now. That's how unexpected this was. “I got the news, Jack. You're going to take a break. You've been overworking your ass for God knows how long and Maw and I don't know if you can last long without it.”

Wait I'm sorry but what?

“What are you talking about?” I asked in my most shocked tone of voice, I could have sworn my hand accidentally gave the pay phone I had a bitch slap. “But that's impossible though! Who's going to watch over the Gas Station if I was not here anyway?”

Pops only gave a slightly irritated yet understanding groan and said “Look, Jack. I get it, but this is an order. You either take a break for a month or you're fired. Maw and I have already set a well-decent roster of part-timers to fill in so you can take that vacation. Now I'm going to go, you better leave soon. I'll have that former cultist fill in for a little bit too!”

He then hung up the phone like it was nothing. I just sighed and said, “Really? And they decided to go with Marlboro? FUCKIN' Marlboro? I mean he does need more work experience but really?”

I sighed and got ready to head out. Grabbing some of my things and walking out.

As soon as I headed out the store door. Tony was waiting for me outside. Hands in his jacket and looks at me with a surprised expression while leaning on the gas station wall.

"Oh hey man," he said, guzzling down a beer and throwing it in a trash can not long after. "Let me guess, you are now off the job for a month?"

I nodded, to be fair, I didn't want to share this. But I loved Antonio over here. He was a very nice guy to me, and he was the first person who truly cared for me since Sabine. So I just answered with a "Yeah, how about you?"

Tony simply smiled lightly and got up from the wall, walking towards me and gently resting a hand on my shoulder. I just raised an eyebrow as I looked at him. I walked closer to him, hoping he'd hugged me or something.

"Well," Tony replied, blushing slightly red as he looked at me. I only looked down in refusal, I only wanted to get back to work. But that was sadly impossible unless I wanted to get fired. "The owners gave me a couple of weeks off too. So why not let you come with me to my place? I think we both need it,"

A moment of silence was shared between us. I looked up at Antonio with a solemn look. I was going to say something until he noticed my thoughts about this as soon as he saw my face.

"Look homie, your life can't just be work all the time. Look at you, you look extremely tired and lonely. I don't think anyone wants that, so why not spend some of your lifetime with the man you love?" He said with the cutest face I've ever seen.

"Sure," I said, finally caving into his offer. "Let's do that!"

Many hours later. We both went into Tony's place. It was just a simple little place with furniture everywhere. As soon as he brought me into his place, we both went into the couch and sat down. I scooted over to him and kissed him. He only kissed him back. For some reason, he was extremely warm. Warm and comforting as I went into his arms. He was everything I wanted.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close to his chest. We were both blushing like total and utter morons as we stayed there for a while. Tony brought a blanket and put it over us. We both snuggled like animals as I lay on top of him. I felt satisfied as I whispered, "I love you man…"

Tony only gave me a gentle kiss on my forehead and then the top of my head. 

"I love you too homie!" He said softly.

This break sucks. But Tony made it a hell of a lot easier. He was the only one I loved anymore. This was what we both needed.

The End.