Chapter Twenty | Your poison.

"No," Oriana whispered in horror, turning away from her apprentices with fear filling her body. The rain interrupted her thoughts, it drenched her internally.
She saw the moon in the temple, she secretly prayed to it.

"Where is the Alpha?" Oriana bayed.

"He's been gone for a week. His brother won't let us in the castle."

"What about Valdi?"

"We are prohibited from meeting him at this hour. His chambers are guarded by the Council soldiers."

"Where is she?" She whispered hesitantly.

"She has not been seen since the past 3 days, your greatness. We couldn't find her at the stables."

"The farms? Archery? The market?" Oriana desperately listed.
All her apprentices could just look down, feeling horrible without an answer.

"The gardens?" Oriana shook, her hands shaking frighteningly, yet still, the girls did not have an answer.

"No, she needs to be found," Oriana panicked, heading towards her chambers within the temple to locate her previous letters.
"She can't miss this ritual. Bring her to me, now." Oriana roared ferociously, making all the temple caretakers shiver as she stormed past them.

But she was stopped by the lightning.

Her apprentices were stopped by the lightning.

The lightening struck a bowl of healing water near Luna's resting place, igniting a flame in it.

The flame danced in the blackening water.

The lightning kindled Luna's lantern.

Oriana's feet stopped on the spot.

She watched the flame, appearing redder than normal with the water evaporating in the bowl because of it, and Oriana glared at it.

"What are you telling me, Luna?"
And this time, she heard the lightning again.

But it struck in there. In the thick, bloody forest of Delvia.
The forest of all wolves and their perishing souls that were demonic.

The forsaken forest that no one can venture in without killing themselves.

The lightning struck in the middle of it.
Oriana's eyes widened.

"You are vile! Mother,"

"You and your children have ruined me!"

"No, you can't bless a child unto me anymore. Not with their mongrel blood,"

"Let this child be stillborn, for it not to endure these men. She is not yours, but she belongs in your embrace. Take her,"

"End it with another womb. A divine child of your own blessing, not these Alphas. Let your daughter be born, let yourself come to life to us, my Goddess,"

"For the right seer of Lydo shall be born,"

"And let Lydo return from his exile."

Everyone in the temple screamed in terror, with the bells of the temple ringing because of the cruel rain falling on them, making Oriana look at them back from her trance, and she looked alarmed.

"Y-Your greatness, you're...no..." One apprentice cried.

"What happened?" She panicked.