The first and last time

- Part One -

Running down a dark alleyway, my heart is pumping rapidly like a beat to a song that only keeps getting faster. Blood pumping rapidly throughout my body. My shoes laces bouncing with every step.

Colorful graffiti running along the blank brick walls.

My steps quicken as I Look back nervously, I see that the two big broad men are catching up to me.

My hand clutches onto the big blue duffle bag hanging around my shoulder, as I quicken my pace with every step I take. Turning a corner, I squint when the bright sun shines on my face.

As my vision returns a clear view appears. A big red bridge in the distance, the fog covering the dark blue water around it.

Looking towards my right I see a group of people walking on a crosswalk. Running towards the crowd, I push through. Bumping shoulders and apologizing while I make my way through. The distant sound of strangers arguing and screaming make my head turn. As I turn, I see Julio's and Alex's big shoulder's shove past the group of strangers. Angry expressions stay on their faces as they pass through.

Heading towards my big, gray, dull, garage building, I make sure to look out for any cars.

Quickly deciding if I take the stairs or the elevator. Acknowledging that I probably can't go quickly up the stairs, I decide to take the elevator.

Having trouble breathing while I run, I press the button on the elevator multiple times impatiently.

"INES!" Julio screams angrily.

I look back as I hear my name echo through the whole garage building, Seeing Julio running towards me and Alex right behind him.

Goosebumps appear on the back of my neck. The elevator door DINGS open, the sound bringing me back to reality.

Quickly stepping inside, I push the close button on the side of the elevator door. Praying that the door closes in time.

Just as the elevator door starts to close, I see Julio through the crack of the elevator door.

I quickly press the number "13" along the side of the elevator door.The elevator starts to rise, making my stomach turn. Reminding me of what a roller coaster drop feels like.

I finally catch my breath, grabbing my hood to take it off. My fingertips feel the softness from the inside of the hood. As I lower it, my dark black hair reveals itself. I run my fingers through my hair trying to fix the messiness caused by the hood.

Looking up I see that the numbers at the top of the elevator door added up. Stopping on the number thirteen.

As soon as the door opens, I rush out and run towards the doors that lead to my apartment complex.

Making my way inside, my heavy steps echo loudly through the hallway. The sound stopping as soon as I get to my apartment door. Nervously, I take out my keys from my pocket, I hear the metal keys jingle against all the random things from my key ring.

I struggle to open the door with my shakily hands but finally unlock it. Stepping inside, I push the door closed. Locking the door behind me. I make sure the shiny, gold, chain is on the white wooden door.

I Move towards the kitchen island in the middle of the kitchen and throw the heavy duffle bag on top. The duffle bag plops on the counter.

As I unzip it, I grab the bottom of the bag and turn it over. Stacks of money fall all over the beautiful, smooth, marble countertop. Seeing the stacks of money made me realize that Ive never felt this proud of myself in a long time.

I think about how much I've looked forward to this moment, running away from this horrible, miserable life and leaving everything behind. Even Danny.

I make my way towards my suitcase that has already been packed, waiting patiently along the side of the couch.

I reach for my phone, pulling it out of my back pocket. As I unlock it, the bright screen illuminates my face like how the sun glimmers on the ocean waves. I click on my contacts and click on Babe. Waiting as the phone line rings, I nervously walk back and forth. Looking over at the counter making sure the money didnt magically run away.

The line finally picks up.

"yeah what?" he says nonchalantly.

"Hey to you too." I say sarcastically.

"Okay enough with this shit. If its not important, then I dont want you fucking calling!" he replies.

" Well since my call isn't so important to you, I guess the money isnt either." I reply.

"Did you get the fucking money or not?" He says annoyingly.

I sigh loudly and sit on the couch. Instantly sinking down.

" Mhm. I got it. Can you pick me up? I cant keep running around with the money, Danny. Im just scared right now. I know this is supposably the first and last time Im doing this, but I just have a feeling that I'm going to get caught." The last part came out into a whisper.

He laughs hysterically.

"Well, figure it out. I cant pick you u-"

Sounds of Heavy footsteps that seem to be coming from the outside of my door, causes me to look up. Ignoring what Dannys says, I hang up.

Quickly I get up and make my way to the counter. Grabbing the opened duffle bag from the floor, I nervously put the stacks of hundred-dollar bills inside. A loud knock from the door startles me.

Let me know what your thoughts are and what you think is happening next! <3 Don't forget to vote! Thx loves <33