1 - Noah?

(PROLOUGE)

  "Tyler," Mrs. Blaineley's sharp tone cut through the air, "Have you been studying lately?" She glared at Tyler's muddy brown eyes, and his determined smile slowly shifted into a faint frown. Curious, he nodded quickly, wanting to see why she asked him this. In reply of his nodding, Mrs Blaineley rubbed her nose bridge with her fingertips in frustration and without hesitation, she slid his report card on his desk. Tyler looked down at his desk which had a ridiculous amount of scratches and paint stains from art class. The report card was flipped so that the back was facing him. "Well? You're not just gonna stare at it, right?" Mrs. Blaineley snarled, arms crossed and gaze piercing. She looked like a cat ready to pounce onto the mouse. Her ocean blue eyes were her most powerful weapons in this situation. Intense and terrifying.

   Tyler gulped. He didn't want to flame the flames, so he quickly dragged the card off the desk with his fingers, lifting it up with his thumb. He inhaled, stomach muscles clenching in readiness. What finally felt like forever, he flipped the card, results facing him now. He analysed the report card from top to bottom, his frown growing bigger.

  "You know Tyler, if you dont do well, we might have to consider kicking you off the sports team." The blonde whispered, placing her palm on his desk. The sudden threat struck him with fear. No way he could be off the team. What's a jock who isn't in a sports team? Without the team, Tyler is just.. Tyler. He had to stay in the team. For his title. For dad. "I-Is there anything I can do?! I don't want to get kicked off.." He quickly flipped the card over so no one would take note of his low grades. None of his friends were acedemically struggling from what he's seen. He was actually way out of their league. Super smart people. He was truly dissapointed in his results. Every night, reading every textbook page by page, paragraph by paragraph, turned out to be a total waste. He really did try to absorb every vital information.  He looked at Mrs.Blaineley pleadfully, hoping there was a way to atleast bring his grades to B's. It wasn't the mark that made him feel this way. No, it was the last thing he would worry about. It was about how his dad would feel. How his friends would feel. His friends weren't so polite, to say the least. As for his dad, he would never dare to fail his father. Just the thought of it made him shrudder. His dad was a diplomate, and his friends were precisely straight A's students. Most of them. To be the only one who struggles in their studies felt awful. "Well.. a few students did volunteer to tutor people," Mrs.Blaineley replied, looking unsure, "I think they're located in the library." She informed.

  "Thanks, I'll just head down there after school I guess.." The jock smiled politely and nodded. Breaking the silence which tensed up in the air, the bell rang. Perfect timing. Tyler quickly tossed his pencil case and stuffed the report card in his black, ragged backpack. He stood up from his seat, one side of the strap of his bag falling off his shoulder. Again, he wore a polite smile and waved to the teacher before swiftly walking out of the classroom.

(timeskip, tyler pov)

  I stand infront of the big, crystal clear glass door. Behind it was a whole new world. A world filled with books. Was this really what I wanted? Yea, I wanted to improve my grades. I'm just very uncertain about this whole tutoring thing. How can I know if they will actually help me? I grunted in frustration, not knowing what to actually do. I'm not good with new people, especially strangers. It's just kind of awkward. But if thats what I got to go through, then maybe I'll just go for it. I swung the door open and stepped my foot in the library. The unexpected cold air punched my in the face. It was chilly in here. I closed the door behind me and just stood there like an idiot. I examined the library from left to right. It was definitely very exquisite — The floor was glossy and clear, the shelves seem frequently dusted and the books were placed neatly in the correct order. Better than a public library honestly. I was so drowned out in my thoughts, I didn't pay attention to anything around me. Or anyone around me. That being said, I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts.

  "Buddy, you're blocking the entrance," A monotone voice spoke. I  looked behind me. I think I recognize him.. I just don't know his name. Yea. He had medium-length dark brown hair, almost touching his collar. He had a pair of glasses, the clear lenses shielding his black pupils. He wore a long sleeved white plain t-shirt under his contrasted teal polo shirt, which had a sleeveless red vest layered on it to top it all of. He also had green cargo pants that fell just above his knees and some white crew socks with casual sneakers. Overall, an image of a total dork. But I have to admit, he wasn't ugly—not even funny looking. I thought he looked smart and decent. "Sorry.. guess I got caught in my own thoughts," I chuckled softly and moved to the side of the entrance, making way for him to walk. He just rolled his eyes and walked away with some textbooks being hugged tightly in his arms.

  "Wait!" I exclaimed, gripped onto his shoulder. "Are you here for tutoring?" I raised and eyebrow.

  "First of all, get your hand off me," He lifted his shoulder hard enough to make my hand fall off his shoulder. "And secondly, yes, I'm here for tutoring." My eyes lit up in excitement. "Come, I'll show you the way," He instructs me in the same monotone voice. I follow him like a little baby duckling being lead by a mother duck. Soon enough, we reach the study corner which was located right at the corner of the library. It wasn't much, really. It looked more like a chill out area. It had two bean bags placed next to eachother and a small shelf filled with textbooks and educational books. Underneath the bean bags were those baby puzzle mats they use in kindergarten. Fortunately, they placed a coffee table to place the books or whatever. Pretty neat! I tossed my bag beside the bean bag and took a seat. It was soft and comfy.

  "Wicked spot dude! Kind of like primary school," I tittered at my own remark. He just smiled faintly and neatly placed his grey backpack beside my bag. It was decorated with an enamel pin and two acrylic keychains. He took a seat on the bean bag and placed the pile of textbooks on the coffee table. "So, any subjects you need help with?" He crossed his arms along with his legs, making him look abit intimidating. Oh boy, how am I going to say this. "Uhm.. all?..." I rubbed the back of my neck, trying not to make it sound so awkward. He looked at me with a puzzled look. In reply, I shot him a sheepish, toothy grin. I felt super embarassed.

  "Seriously? All??"

  "Sorry man.. if its too much, maybe we can just cover a few subjects?" I suggested, trying not to stress him out.

  "Don't apologize, we aren't perfect after all. I'll give all my best to help you, okay?" He reassured me, giving me a warm smile in return. This was abit surprising considering how he acted earlier. Maybe this won't be so bad after all? My awkward grin slowly shifted into a genuine smile. "By the way, the name is Noah," he said, "Let's start with an easier subject first. How about literature?" Noah pulls out a small book that was stuffed in between the thicker and larger books. I gave him a cheesy thumbs up of approval. It's become a habit. As he flips through the book, I couldn't help but drift back into my own thoughts. Maybe he won't turn out so bad after all. We'll see.

────────────────────────

thanks for reading!!! i had so much fun writing this, it definitely was a change for me since i always write aletyler n stuff. tynoah deserves more attention please i love them so much ☹️ byebye!! (1435 words)