𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ᅳ 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

As Sage packed her duffle bag and absentmindedly folded the things lying on the bed, she kept replaying the conversation with Fawn in her head

As Sage packed her duffle bag and absentmindedly folded the things lying on the bed, she kept replaying the conversation with Fawn in her head. Night had now fallen over Charming and the clubhouse had become quiet. Most were in their rooms or at home.

Sage wasn't at all surprised that Fawn had stayed here tonight. Her sister wanted to make sure that she would actually get in her car tomorrow morning and drive back to Seattle. And so far, that was Sage's plan.

As much as she hated lying to Happy and keeping things from him, it was probably for the better. However, this wasn't going to be as easy as she had hoped.

"I don't want you to leave", Happy's raspy voice came from her right as he returned from the bathroom.

He gently took the shirt she was folding from her hands and threw it back on the bed. With his hand around her wrist, he turned her more towards him and lifted her chin, his gaze so intense that she couldn't even avoid it.

"We both know that if you go back to Seattle now, we won't see each other for weeks, maybe even two or three months again", he said matter of factly. "I want you close in case something happens, Sage. It's my kid too."

The redhead was silent for a moment, her lips pressed together. He knew how much she hated being here, around Fawn and Jax, and what painful memories she had, and yet he asked her to stay here.

Anger rose within her for a brief moment, but it immediately disappeared as she kept thinking for another moment. He was worriedᅳ about her and the child. She could be happy that Happy actually cared for his child. And she wanted to be near him too.

God, she would love to wake up next to him every morning and know that she wasn't alone. Sure, she had Dawn in Seattle, but her sister also had to work a lot.

Still, she would miss Seattle. She had really grown fond of the city and felt comfortable there. But Sage couldn't expect Happy to move in with her either. That wasn't possible with the club. And the club always came first.

However, there was still Fawn's threat, which Sage took quite seriously. For now Sage didn't say anything but just let out a quiet sigh.

"How do you think this can work, Hap?" Her tone was full of overwhelm and her eyes were filled with uncertainty. "I have my whole life in Seattle. My art gallery, my clients and especially Dawn."

"I know", Happy nodded, really trying to be understanding. "But we'll find a solution for that."

"And what does that solution look like?", she inquired with a sigh.

Happy let go of her wrist before sitting down on the end of the bed, pulling her next to him. "You can paint your pictures here and send them to your clients. Your gallery can stay, you just won't be there as often as usual. And Dawn..maybe she can move to Charming too?"