4

We all sat around, listening to the phone, and the other line of the phone meeting was going on to decide whether there should be an election held or not.

"Hey, JD, sir en ethuvum pesa maatinguraru?" one of my friends asked us.  (Why didn't Sir JD say anything?)

"Avaru ethavathu oru nalla point ku wait pannitu iruparu," my other friend said. Then we heard on the phone, the principal calling JD anna. Then I remembered something. (He's waiting for a good point.)

"Nethu enna kelama?" I asked everyone. (What day is yesterday?)

"Viyazha kelama." (Thursday.)

"Viyazha kelama avanuku leave da nethu full ah kudichi irukan da," I said as the boys quickly ran. (Then he must have drunk.)

"Paathu ponga da," I called out to them. (Be careful.)

"Vara June masam 25 ah thethu election," JD anna said, and we all cheered. (Election will be held on June 25th)

Then we started the election campaign.

I stood with Vanathi as she taught her students how to aim and shoot.

"Akka," I called her as she turned to me. I gestured to my anna, who was about to drink alcohol. (sister)

"Dei, innu ethana naal tha kudika pora?" Vanathi akka asked him. (Hey how many are you planning to get drunkedHey, how many days are you planning to keep drinking?)

"Ethuku theva illama thittikitu," anna said. (There's no need for lectures)

"Ne theliva iruntha avanga en thitta poranga," I said just as anna stumbled. (If you had any sense, why could she lecture you)

"Na theliva tha iruka," anna said. The next second, Vanathi akka gave the will and bow to him. (I'm in my sense) 

"Antha board la enga vena ambu vidu. Ne theliva irukanu othukura," Vanathi akka said as he aimed and shot, but it went to the bulb. Vanathi akka and I gave him a look as every child laughed at him. (In that board, shoot anywhere you like. Prove that you are in sense)

We all waited for the result as they kept announcing it. Finally, they announced Savitha won the election, making us cheer loudly.

"Valthukal, chairperson," my anna said to Savitha. (Congratulation)

"Sir, anga already prechanaya start pannitanga pola," Sri said. (Sir they already started the problem)

"Innu enda, enna ketukitu anga kelu," anna said, gesturing to Savitha. (Why are you still asking me, ask there)

"Sollunga, Savitha chairman," I said to her as she mentioned she would talk to Bhargav by herself. (Order us Savitha chairman)

"Sir, unga kaila iruka kaapu mattum kudukuringala?" she asked as my anna gave it to her. She walked proudly, wearing the kaappu, and I smiled at her, then turned to my anna. (Sir can you give me your stainless steel bracelet)

"Na vangi kudutha kaapu ku avlo mouse ah?" I asked him.  (Is that bracelet i brought for you have that much of value?)

"Athu ennala ma," he said as I rolled my eyes at him. (That's because of me)

"Seri seri, aana antha kaapu ennaku romba special di," he said, putting his arm around my shoulder. Then, Savitha came and said her plan is successful. She and Bhargav are friends now. (Okay okay but that bracelet is special for me because of you gave me)

"Sir, evening college pasanga booth ah odaikuratha pesitu irukanga, sir," one boy came running and said as we all quickly walked down the hallway, meeting them on the way. (Sir evening college students are saying they are going to destroy the booth)

"Ennada," anna asked him. (What?)

"Engaluku recounting illana re-election venum," one of the boys said. (We want recounting or reelection)

"Election la mudinju pochu avlotha. Entha department ne inga va," anna called the boy as I also looked at him closely, not thinking I have seen him anywhere. (Elections are over and which department are you?)

"Yov, entha ***mairu la pesitu irukatha," one boy said as all the boys started to shout at him. Suddenly, a bottle came flying and hit anna's head. (Hey asshole don't tell us what to do)

"Anna," I went to him as every boy tried to fight them, but anna pushed them and said to wait.

"Anna, okay vana valikutha?" I asked, touching his head. Thank god, no blood. (are you okay?)

"Na okay da," he said to me. (I'm fine)

"Hello, atha pesitu irukom la athukula enna," I asked them as one boy came running to us, calling sir. (Excuse me, we are still  talking, what's up in that?)

"Bhargav onga kitta pesanuma, sir" He gave the phone to my anna as we heard Bhargav saying his dad ordered his goon to go and make a problem, and the goons are in with our students. Anna gave the mobile back to him and turned to the opposite group. (Bhargave wants to talk to you sir)

"Close your eyes and freeze," anna said as everyone, except the goons, froze.

"Move forward," anna said as the real students walked back while the goons stood in the center with a confused look. Then we saw bats and other weapons in their hands.

"Ponnugala safe ah vittuku annupu," anna said. (Ensure the safety of the girls)

"Anna," I called as he stopped me. (Brother)

"Neeyum tha, ellarum safe ah, ne tha paathukanum," anna said as Sri grabbed my hand and started to drag with everyone. (You too, everyone should be safe, keep an eye out)

"Sir ku onnum aagathu va polam," Sri said as we ran outside to see the college in a mess, everyone running to hide. I and Sri helped some girls to hide as I searched for Savitha. I found my anna fighting but without a weapon. I saw the bat lying on the ground, quickly took it, and ran to him. (Let's go sir will be fine)

"Anna," I called, throwing it to him as he caught it and started to beat them up. Soon, the police came.