CRIME 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

" LET'S STUDY ATMY PLACE

" LET'S STUDY AT
MY PLACE . "

I swallow a lump in my throat.

"Alright," I say, mustering up a good smile. Kazuha mirrors my expression and turns to lead me to his house. "Isn't your best friend your roommate?"

He halts like he was caught off guard. His silence told me all I needed to know about my question. Did he not wanna answer?

I step toward him but let out a quiet yelp when he latches his fingers onto my wrist with the smile remaining on his porcelain face.

"Don't mind him or his words at all," he advises, running his thumb over the skin of my palm, tracing the lines. I glance down, watching a leaf fall to the ground.

"...Okay."

≫ ───── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ───── ≪

"SO YOU BROUGHT YOUR
GIRLFRIEND?"

Uh, oh.

I purse my lips, watching Kazuha's smile disappear at the sudden visitor, who had just walked through the front door. "Yeah, I did," Kazuha replies.

The purple-headed man, whose name is Scaramouche and is from the Fatui, scoffed. He had a small blood splatter and a bruise on his cheek when he opened the door.

As he walks to the kitchen, he mumbles, "Uh, huh—sure to escape him later." His voice was so quiet to the point that I barely heard it.