12 ~ ❛i didn't make the rules❜

It really stung to witness the Home team exit the Scarena to go and have a wonderful breakfast.

Truly hurt.

Because now Genevieve's team had to face a horrid drinking trial; a specific challenge that the twenty year old did not want to be apart off — because it was both unpleasant to watch and being the unfortunate victim of one.

"Away team, commiserations. How are you all feeling?" Ant asked, a sense of sympathy in his voice.

"Deflated," Was the honest answer a majority of the team said. Genevieve nodded in agreement, her nose scrunching with displeasure.

Josie kept her arm wrapped around Genevieve ( who was currently dreading the following trial ), "I thought we had that, really honestly thought we had that."

"Tony, Nick, what happened?" Dec questioned the pair who took on the final playoff.

"I'd still rather see a VAR situation, to be honest," Tony was in a state of denial; but he achieved in causing a small snigger from Genevieve's chest.

"He's not having it," Ant laughed, "This is not a happy bunny."

"They targeted the small balls," Dec revealed.

Tony proceeded to respond with an answer that had Genevieve laughing into her hands.

"He's a small man, mate, I'm not surprised."

"Hey let's not be sizeist Tony," Dec scolded teasingly, "Not acceptable behaviour."

Tony lifted his hands up in a mocking surrender, "I'm sorry."

He really wasn't

"Listen, you know, as a result of losing today, two of you must face a trial," Ant explained clearly, "Because later today, the camps will merge...so this is your chance to feed all the celebrities in camp tonight."

Genevieve sat up straighter at the news; a sparkle in her eyes as she realised multiple reunions were going to commence.

Dec took the conversation, "The public have decided that the celebrities they want to see face Down Your Sorrows are...Nick," ( said man grumbled unpleasantly ), "And..."

Please not me. Please not me. Please not me. Please not me

"...Tony."

Selfishly, Genevieve felt the burning relief as her heart released the stress from its cage — she had never been so glad not to be selected for a trial.

At the thrilling outcome for herself, she glanced over at Tony and with a smile on her face, encouragingly squeezed his arm as he placed his hand over Genevieve's before him and Nick walked down onto the raised platform.

As Nick brushed by her they shared a fleeting good luck fist-bump. Both men stood on either side of a flipchart, that was decorated in a bunch of famous athlete names.

After asking them a couple of questions, Ant processed to explain the gruesome trial, "This is Down Your Sorrows. There are twelve rounds; twelve stars up for grabs. You'll each take it in turns to pick a shield from our Sporting Hall of Fame and flip it over to reveal a drink. You've then got to drink that drink to earn the star," He summarised, "There are twelve drinks in total, because there are twelve people in camp."

Genevieve gaze flickered briefly to Tony, who exhaled deeply, clearly trying to calm his nerves.

"I cut of drinking before I came in here," Nick mentioned honestly, a dopey smile on his face.