𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 | 𝑒.𝑏

PAIRING: evan buckley x gn!reader

WARNINGS: none

GENRE: fluff

SONG INSPIRATION: would've been you by sombr

WORD COUNT: 527

you never thought you'd have this

never thought that you'd be laid in bed, snuggled up under the covers rereading your favourite book in yours and your boyfriends apartment.

slipping the bookmark between the pages, placing it on your bedside table to sit up and take in your surroundings.

everything was so perfectly placed. even the mess from bucks obvious rush to get out of the door this morning, it just made sense.

the sun outside starting to set made your home a pretty shade of orange, knowing in a short while you'd have to get up and shut the blinds, deciding on leaving that for later you to deal with.

the once silent space interrupted by the loud clatter of evan opening the front door a little too agressively, making you jump and tense up realising it was just him made you relax again.

"baby!" he groaned out whilst leaning against the railing to your stairs as he struggled to take off his shoes, shoulders slumped whilst doing so.

not responding just yet, quietly giggling to yourself with a goofy smile watching, waiting for him to eventually find you.

"lover?" he questioned, finally getting the boot off of his foot.

"up here, darling!"

looking up to find you cross legged, opening your arms for him to climb into and that's what he did.

well tried to.

his attempt of running up the stairs to get to you failed him as the material of his socks slipped against the metal steps and tripped him up, making you burst out laughing and he did too.

"only you evan buckley would be able to trip over thin air." you cackled, gasping for air as you fell back and continued to laugh until there was no sound coming out.

"stupid socks!" ripping them off of his feet and throwing them onto the floor before jumping onto the bed.

grunting as he landed smack bang on top of you, pulling away so you were now face to face, "i'm glad that my pain makes you happy," jutting out his bottom lip only for you to kiss it.

"don't act like you wouldn't do the same if it wasn't the other way 'round! it's literally happened before and i have the scar on my shin to prove it."

"touché."

and it was back again, peace.

the two of you just studying each others features, missing and worrying about him was exhausting for when you were at work, but when you did have your days off it felt excruciating and honestly quite boring.

evan always made sure to message you when he could, which you really appreciated. but you still couldn't help but love the end of the day.

lifting your hands from your sides, sliding them up his back, over to his shoulders to massage the tense muscles, making him moan almost too loudly almost instantly melting into you.

"tough day?" you sarcastically questioned, the only response you got was a groan into the crook of your neck, tickling you making you laugh again.

as long as he came home to you, to this everyday he wouldn't have it any other way.