Twisted Wonderland Fanfic

Twisted Wonderland Fanfic, 1,500 words for FairyofThunderra22

Today I'm having my lunch out on the grounds of Night Raven College. In the distance, the towering castle's dark towers and high peaks never fails to stir a little fear in me. But, my curiosity grows each time as I wonder what I might learn while studying here.

Grim sleeps nearby, sunning himself on a rock. His belly is in the air, and his pitch-fork shaped tail waves back and forth. I begin to pick up my notes and pack up to return for my afternoon class.

"Hey, Y/N! Where do you think you're going?" two students from Octavinelle shout as they approach me. They walk with a cool swagger, their dapper jackets laid over their shoulders. "Are those notes from potions today?"

"Yes, they are," I answer, somewhat timidly. The students at Night Raven are often up to no good thanks to their villain-inflicted souls. "What do you want? I have to go to class," I say.

"We want your notes," one boy says with a sneer.

"No, I need them for the test," I answer.

"Can't we take a peek? Hand them over." He reaches for them, but suddenly, someone rushes between the three of us and grabs his arm and pushes him back. It's Jack Howl, a startlingly strong student from Savanaclaw. He places his large body between the bullies and me, his shoulders and arms bulging as he towers over them. A growl rumbles deep in his throat, his silver-white ears pitch forward, and his tail snaps in anger.

"Is this how two Octavinelle students pass their tests? By cheating and stealing notes?" Jack demands.

"W-we just wanted to borrow Y/N's notes. We weren't going to take them—I swear!"

"Did Y/N say you could borrow their notes?"

"No," the student whimpers. They both tremble beneath Jack's intimidation.

"Then, leave!" Jack snarls. The students jump out of their skins and high tail it away. When they are gone, Jack turns around to check on me as I shake and accidentally crumple my notes in my arms. I swallow and try to speak around my pounding heart that has risen to lodge in my throat.

"Are you okay?" Jack asks.

"I'm alright!" I answer with a gasp. Jack is even more impressive up close. His uniform jacket is tight over his muscular build. His gold eyes are piercing but, when they look down at me, something in them softens a little.

"Good job standing up for yourself, we can't let others take the easy way out and get out of hard work," Jack says. Then, he nods and leaves for his afternoon class. As he goes, his long arms swing by his sides, his hair and tail's fur ripple in the soft wind. I'm spellbound. It isn't until Grim wakes up and yowls that I realize I will be late to class!

The potions test looms closer as each day passes. Gym class is torture and as usual, Vargus-Senpai has us running the length of a field. He stands nearby in his red and gold-trimmed tracksuit, blowing his whistle and yelling at any students who slow down,

"Don't stop running until you drop to your knees! For a cool down, you'll hit the weights until you look as big and beautiful as me!" Vargus yells.

I'm lagging with the last group to start the run. The first group, led by Jack, is already rounding the track and coming up behind us. I bend forward and try to push more strength into my body, but my foot connects with a root and I fall, a sharp pain shoots up my leg.

"Y/N! Watch where you're going!" Vargus shouts. He blows his whistle and runs over to me. The group running behind us catches up and stops. I gasp in pain and pull up my pant leg to expose my rapidly swelling ankle.