THIRTY-EIGHT, RON WASN'T DREAMING!

CASSIE SPRUNG AWAKE, HER HEART hammering in her chest, her hair dripping in sweat, and her face soaked with tears

CASSIE SPRUNG AWAKE, HER HEART hammering in her chest, her hair dripping in sweat, and her face soaked with tears. She was struggling to breathe, she couldn't bring herself to speak.

"... Cassie?"

She let out a gasp. She couldn't believe it. "Sirius," she finally muttered, taking in his appearance. He looked like he just rolled out of a bed he had stayed in for twelve years.

"Y—You don't bel—?"

Cassie heard the sound of footsteps rushing down the stairs. "You need to go," she told him, "Or you'll get caught."

Sirius frowned, "If you want to send me a letter," he said, he knew it was quite a stretch, but it didn't hurt to try. "Send it to yours, and address it to your mum. That's where I've been staying, it's why Fran didn't want you home for Christmas."

And then, he turned himself into a dog, and ran. Cassie was gobsmacked, her eyes were wide. This whole time, she thought it was due to work, but it was actually because she was keeping an Azkaban escapee in the house.

Harry entered the common room, followed by Ron and the rest of the boys waking Rowan up. He saw Cassie awake, and sat himself next to her as he said, "Are you sure you weren't dreaming, Ron?"

"I'm telling you, I saw him!" Ron exclaimed, sitting next to Rowan.

"Saw who?" Rowan asked sleepily, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"What's all the noise?"

"Professor McGonagall told us to go to bed!" Aurora said as all the girls started appearing, too.

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" said Fred brightly.

"I hope so!" Callie exclaimed, before her eyes landed on Cassie, who still looked incredibly pale. She rushed over, "Are you okay, Cass?"

"Everyone back upstairs!" said Percy, hurrying into the common room and pinning his Head Boy badge to his pajamas as he spoke.

"Perce -- Sirius Black!" said Ron faintly. "In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

The common room went very still. Cassie looked at Ron, wide-eyed. What was he doing in there, with a knife?

"Nonsense!" said Percy, looking startled. "You had too much to eat, Ron -- had a nightmare --"

"I'm telling you --"

"Now, really, enough's enough!"

The whole house broke into even more chatter. "Are you okay, Cass?" Callie repeated, "You look rather pale, and all around your eyes are dark; You didn't have another nightmare, did you?"

Cassie frowned, nodding her head. Harry grabbed her hand and gave it a small squeeze. "It was just a nightmare," he told her quietly, "trust me, you're okay."

Cassie sighed and nodded; She didn't tell any of them she was a seer — she hadn't had the time. Still, she believed what Harry had said. It still could've been just a nightmare.

Professor McGonagall slammed the portrait behind her as she entered the common room and stared furiously around.

"I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!" She said sharply.

"I certainly didn't authorize this, Professor!" said Percy, puffing himself up indignantly. Cassie rolled her eyes, he was such a teachers pet. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare --"

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!"

Professor McGonagall stared at him. Callie placed a hand on Ron's shoulder, while Cassie leaned her head on Harry's. Harry grabbed her hand and held it tightly in his own.

"Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?" Minnie said, rolling her eyes.

"Ask him!" said Ron, pointing a shaking finger at the back of Sir Cadogan's picture. "Ask him if he saw --"

Glaring suspiciously at Ron, Professor McGonagall pushed the portrait back open and went outside. The whole common room listened with bated breath. "Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?"

"Certainly, good lady!" cried Sir Cadogan.

There was a stunned silence, both inside and outside the common room. Aurora found herself standing closer to Lee, Fred and George.

"You -- you did?" said Professor McGonagall. "But -- but the password!"

"He had 'em!" said Sir Cadogan proudly. "Had the whole week's, my lady! Read 'em off a little piece of paper!"

Cassie looked around, squeezing Harry's hand as her leg started to bounce. Callie placed a hand on her knee, giving her a sympathetic glance.

"Do you still believe he's innocent?" Harry whispered to Cassie, "Even after he stood above Ron, with a knife."

Cassie took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. She was shaking, and before Callie could hug her, Harry had pulled her into his arms. Callie smirked at him, making him slightly shake his head.

Professor McGonagall pulled herself back through the portrait hole to face the stunned crowd. She was white as chalk. Callie pursed her lips, glancing at Aurora and Rowan. Aurora and Rowan were staring at Harry and Cassie, with Fred, Ginny, Lee and George glancing back and forth between Minnie and the duo.

"Which person," Minerva said, her voice shaking, "which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?"

There was utter silence, broken by the smallest of terrified squeaks. Neville Longbottom, trembling from head to fluffy slippered toes, raised his hand slowly into the air.

Callie sighed, shaking her head; Of course it was Neville, it always was. Once everyone had disappeared again, Harry told Rowan to go sleep in his bed, and he would stay with Cassie.

"Do you want to talk about your nightmare?" He asked her, still holding her in his arms. He could feel Cassie shake her head against his chest. "Okay... Do you want to go back to sleep?"

Once again, Cassie shook her head. "Okay... Do you want me to leave you alone?"

As Harry spoke, Cassie gently lifted her head and looked up at him. "No," she said almost immediately after, "Can you just... lay here with me?"

A/N: How cute is this ending. I love them. She saw Sirius, guys. The question is... does she still believe he is as innocent as she thought? I mean... he was standing over Ron with a knife!!!
QOTD: what is a random funfact about yourself?
AOTD: i have had wattpad since 2019, but ive had about 10 different accounts since!