[1]

Hello.

My name is Maria Cauzo, I'm a thirteen year old middle school student who is graduating this year and going to high school next year.

School isn't... entertaining. All they want you to do in school is simply sit down, do projects, homework, tests, study and the cycle simply has repeated ever since the fourth grade had started.

I'm not excited to go back. I don't have friends, but maybe having no friends is better than a bunch of friends who are fake and would backstab you, and then leave for the trenches without thinking about how that may hurt you.

Hearing that alarm clock go off was not what I wanted to hear.

I wanted to pretend like nothing had happened so I could go to bed, and not have to go back to this school. I wish I could've stayed in bed for a little longer.

But I persisted, and got up, as one does.

I ruffled my hair as I walked into the bathroom. I never realized how shabby I really looked during summer break. All I had really done was spend time with my family, and play video games most of the time.

That's not a bad thing. I told myself as I began to brush my hair, brush my teeth and grabbed my outfit for the day.

The outfit was just a simple pair of shorts, a t shirt and comfortable shoes I could easily wear.

I put the outfit on and walked downstairs to see what time it was.

6:45am.

I have time to eat breakfast!

I got out some peanut butter and some bread as I made myself a quick peanut butter sandwich, and ended up grabbing a huge water bottle, as it was very hot outside.

While I ate my breakfast, I drank some of the water and began scrolling on my phone.

Enough is enough. I'm going to be late. I shoved my phone into my backpack, which had all of my essentials including my school supplies, textbooks, water bottle and my laptop and phone all in the bag.

It was very hot as I began to walk to the bus stop and I could already feel myself getting dehydrated easily.

I took my phone out and checked the time.

7:05am.

Oh so I'm just on time. I was pulled out of my thoughts short as the bus arrived and I climbed on, and into the back of the bus.

I could instantly feel the temperature change as it turned from hot to cool.

Thank goodness that the bus has ac. I'd be dying right now if not.

I sat in my seat, alone as I watched students who were younger or my age talking about.. well whatever they talk about. I wasn't really interested in their conversations, partly because half of the things barely made sense to me.

After what felt like eternity, even though it was probably only twenty minutes, we arrived.

I'm not in the building yet but I already don't want to be here.

I walked into the building and bolted directly to my locker. Luckily I was a combination pro and had got the locker open really quickly, quicker than the sixth graders and probably some seventh and eigth graders.

I closed my locker shut and grabbed my things, ready to head to my first class.

While I was walking, I dropped my things on the ground and got to the floor to recollect them.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry, do you need any help?" I looked up and it was this girl who looked to be around my age, maybe a little bit younger.

"No I've got it, by the way, what's your name?" I asked her.

"Oh, it's Samantha, and you?"

"Maria." I responded back.

"Do you want to be friends?" Samantha asked me as I was heading away from her direction to my next class.

"Oh.. uhm... sure! See you later Samantha!" I called out as I walked away.

Today was going to be a good day.