flowers💐

"and this one is.." a bouquet of tulips and carnations, warm colors dance across the soft petals as I water them.
Two hundred and ninety six days, that's... Forty Two weeks, and two days. And every two weeks, I get another fresh bouquet of flowers, it started with some simple red roses, then white lilies, then... Golden marigolds... I do not wonder who sends them, even though there are no cards to accompany them. I already know who sends them, she tries to be sly but I know what she's doing.
I lay down in my bed, clutching my pillow close.
"I'm tired of flowers..." I whisper to myself. "Come to me love, there's no need to hide, we can talk about this." Tears stream down my face, I only wish to hold her again, and yet all I can remember the last time we talked.
"I need more time..."
Those last words she said to me. Four simple words that made my life before me crumble like the cookies that fought in beast yeast.
"What's the point of sending me flowers? If you want to talk.. please.. just talk to me.." I fall asleep, curled up in a ball, clutching the pillow tightly.
That night I dreamed of my love, I watched as she flew away, I tried to chase her, but my feet just wouldn't move. I just couldn't move.. as I saw her turn into a tiny spec in the distance, all I could think of is how much I loved her, how much I regret everything I ever did, how everything would be better if I just...
I woke up from my nightmare, sweat and trips dripping down my face, making my dough quite soggy. But there was no time to think about that, all I could think about is how I'll see her tomorrow, she won't acknowledge me. She'll talk to Hollyberry cookie, Dark Cacao cookie, Pure Vanilla cookie, anycookie but me. I sighed and held my pillow close once more. And fell asleep.