Chapter 1

My body is hot, hurts because of my bad sleeping position  and I'm tired cause of hour I came to bed last night. But I need to wake up and go to work. 

The Wax secure around my chest, I go in the common bathroom with a bucket full of cold water and my shower necessaries when I meet my landlord who come out of her house, a toothbrush in mouth and a bottle of water in hand.

"Chéri, mboté !"  "Shery, hi !"

Since the beginning I want her to say my name correctly. I gave up. But she still a very gai and nice person.

"Good morning, mama Bijou !"

"Oza bien ?" "Are you ok ?"

"Bien, mais butu, ba ngungi ba lekaki." "Yes, but this night, so many mosquitos."

"Na yebisaki Trésor akata bamatiti wana, mais tangu nioso kaka na pari foot." "I told Trésor to cut the weeds, but he always go to gamble and forget."

I can't talk more to her that she came back to her house to wake him up for yelling at him.

I take a fast shower and return in my house. I take rice, beans and sugar on the top like breakfast.

In my suit, with my heels and my make-up on, I'm not the same person.I cross my yard and my neighbordhood to reach the bus stop. If I'm not to late, I can take the cleaner bus which won't put durt on me.

"Yaya Chéri ! A tonda na beauté !" "Big sister Shery ! Avery bautiful woman !"

"Tala démarche, mwana a tonda santé !" "Look at the way she walks. A very healty child !"

The morning onlookers in front of their checkers flatter me a little when I passed by. I don't give them much attention. It's a usual way for them to act. But I greet them politely. 

God wakes me up with His Grace today. There is a nice car in the bus stop.

"Boulevard !" Scream the person who we usually call "receveur".

I get in after payed for this, sat and pray for no traffic-jam on the way. Sometimes these early traffics can be devilish.

The Grace flows on me once more. I arrive without trouble. Before going up, I buy some water.

"Miss Ilunga !"

This morning was too good too be true. I am not even sitting that my leader fell on my back.

"Yes ? Good morning, mister François."

"Morning. It's good you're here. I put some files on your desk. Check them up first. This is really important."

He don't give me time to refuse and go away.

In my mind, I already kill him four time. Once every week, he drops somes of his tasks on us, the newbies. I don't know how to fell when I remember this one leader who give all his works on newbies back. It's too dificult to find decent work in this town. So we do what they tell us to do.

When I put my checks on my chair, I sigh and hear my friend calling me.

"Pelshery, the chief drops the packages."

"Adam, greeting first."

"Oliaka ngo ?" "Do you eat it ?"

I measure him and don't respond. If I came in argument with him, I'll not be able to do my task. This boy can talk and gossip all the day.

"Do you sulk me ?"

"The chief give us his...I mean some files to treat quickly. We won't finish if we talk like that. Above all you are what you are. Mwana mubali mubimba munoko etoboka." "A whole man who talk like his mouth can't shut up."