𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙷𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝙽𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎

I took out our luggage from the car and headed inside with Lily holding Emerson. We made our way to the room and quickly opened it. Emerson was sleepy so Lily took her to the bedroom while I went to the kitchen. We were both hungry and didn't eat anything (except drinking coffee), so I decided to make us a decent meal. I'd gotten a few necessities from the supermarket, like bread, cheese and eggs, so I decided to cook us a cheese sandwich. I was layering the cheese when Lily popped in, wrapping her arms around my waist from behind. I grinned as I placed another piece of bread on top, and then put them in the sandwich toaster. I turned around, and Lily moved her hands to my neck while I pulled her closer.

"What are you making?" she asked quietly, grinning like me.

"Nothing fancy. Just a cheese sandwich."

"We could've just gone to sleep. You look tired." she said, her eyebrows furrowing and a frown replacing that cherished smile.

"Not tired enough to let this night go to waste. Movie marathon?" I asked. I knew what was going through her mind, and what I said wasn't what she expected. But I wanted to tease her and do something other than make out. 

For now.

She scoffed and kissed me softly.

"Of course. But we're gonna need more than cheese toasties to last the night." she said, kissing me all the while.

"Nothing can satisfy your hunger, Lily. Why don't I get some snacks from the convenience store nearby?" I offered.

"Alright, but come back quickly. I'll decide the movies." 

"As if I'd let you." I challenged.

"We'll see, Chef Corrigan. We'll see." was all she said in reply.

* * * *

I'd gone and brought some drinks and snacks from the store, after which I came back to see Lily sitting on the couch. I told her to wait as I heated the popcorn, took out the toasties, and emptied the chips into bowls. After we'd arranged everything, I sat down as well, and she snuggled up to me, like all those other times. She signed in to Netflix and we decided to have turns with the movies. 

Half an hour later, she was asleep. 

I tried not to laugh as I shut down the TV and carefully separated myself from her to clear the table. Then, I quietly scooped her up in my arms, and carried her to the bedroom. She wrapped her arms round my chest as I put her down on the bed. 

Like they say, some habits never change.

A/N: I didn't update for a while so I decided to come up with  this short filler so we can easily move on to the next chapter. It is quite short, I know, but I'll try to make the next chapter a little longer for you guys. Thanks for all the views and votes, and for taking out the time to read this! I hope we reach 1K soon, though *smiles sheepishly*. I'll see you guys in the next chapter then!

XOXO,

Ophelia