Chapter 1

"Eiza, where are you?" I hear my best friend, Nadin call out through the apartment as I stand in front of the mirror washing my face.

"Bathroom!" I yell back, grabbing a fresh towel for a quick pat dry. I walk towards the sound of her voice telling me she returned with breakfast.
I smiled contently, sitting down across from her grabbing the beagle sandwich from the bag as she poured both of us some water and fresh squeezed orange juice.

We lived in an amazing 2 bedroom apartment in the West End area of London. Nadin had lived here for about a month and a half already but it was my first weekend in our new apartment.

Nadin and I met back when we studied in Uni together. We had both gone to school in the United States. Her originally from the Uk and myself from Mexico. When we met at Colombia, in the same gen ed math class, we hit it off instantly. As soon as we graduated with our bachelor's, Nadin stayed in New York working for a fashion company. She excelled so wonderfully, I was so proud of her. I on the other hand continued my education by landing a spot at the International University of Monaco to get a Masters in Luxury Management. While I miss my best friend and family dearly, I loved every second of it. I got to work in wonderful places. I started out at a yacht club in Monaco for a year before getting an internship with a local luxury jeweler. After graduation I stayed in Monaco for a bit before Nadin convinced me to look for jobs in London and come live with her. Now I will work for Lamborghini London in branding and strategy.

"So are you loving London yet?" Nadin asks as she bites into her avocado toast.

"I haven't seen much of it, but I'm loving being here with you." I say as she gives a puppy eyed look. "Don't look at me this way. You know what I mean." I took my eyes with a smile.

"Let's go out tonight. It's your first weekend here, it will really give you a feel for the area. I have a few girlfriends, we can grab dinner and go out to the club." She smiles, nodding her head rapidly as if this will convince me that it was my idea.

Giving her a knowing look, she throws her fists up in the air in excitement. "Yes! We're going to have so much fun. Bout time you've had a proper welcome to the city." She jokes as we clean our plates of food.

"What shall we do today?" I ask, pulling a pair of white sweats on along with a white oversized jumper.

"Well I have an appointment to get my nails done, want to come? They could give you a filling." She suggests as I look down at my nails. They could use a clean up.

I opted for a short white almond nail. I'm not one for too much flash. Nadine on the other hand got a medium sparkling pink coffin nail. They were cute, but too long for me. We made our way back to our place as Nadin called some of her friends asking if they were going out tonight. I walked alongside as she got off the phone.

"Okay, so that was Molly. She just invited us to dinner with Syd, Ria, and Jamie. You'll love them. I called Niran as well. Him and his girl will meet us all out." My best friend said as I nodded along not knowing who any of these people are. If Nads trusted them, so did I.

After returning to our apartment, i looked at the time on my phone, deciding my parents should be up. It only took 3 rings before being picked up.

"Hola, mi amor" I head my mom's voice ring through the phone.

"Hola Mami. Que estas haciendo?" I ask smiling while I browse through my closet. I haven't got any idea what to wear. I didn't go out much in Monaco and night life fashion is very different than in the US.

"Nada. Soy cocinando. Tu papa.. pues. No se." She laughs. Oh do I miss my family. We talked for a little while catching up. I asked what my brother had been up to and how the dogs were.

With an I love you we ended the call. I sat there for a moment before getting up and wandering to Nadine's room.

"Hey love, was that the family?" She asks, looking over her shoulder while rummaging through her closet.

"Yeah." I smile.

"How are they?" She questioned. That was one thing that I loved about my best friend. She always asked how my family was. Being from a Hispanic background, family was so important and special to me. The fact that Nadine showed she cared made me love her even more. I told her they were good and that they actually say hi.

"Hey Nads, what are you wearing tonight?" I ask as she was still in her towel from just getting out of the shower.

"I was just thinking the same thing." She huffs looking through her closet. "Definitely go black on black." After a few seconds she pulls out a black one shoulder top that has an asymmetrical hem with a pair of back baggy jeans. "What do you think?"She asks laying it on her bed.

"It's cute. Add some color, it's your signature." I state, thinking the outfit needed something.

"You're right

"You're right. And I thought I was supposed to be the one in fashion." She laughs as I roll my eyes.

"Okay, come help we pick something out then I need to shower." I say while moving to my room with my roommate following behind.

"Definitely black baggy jeans, love these." She says pulling out one of my favorite pairs of jeans. Thank god, I didn't want to be wearing a dress tonight. "How about a black strapless bra and this sheer top?" She suggests

After getting ready and fully clothes, I grabbed a pair of black pointed heeled mules

After getting ready and fully clothes, I grabbed a pair of black pointed heeled mules. Even though the heel was very short, they can get tiring. Luckily Monaco prepared me for this.

Nadine and I took a few pictures before heading out for dinner. Little did I know this night would change everything.

~~~

Chapter 1 and done. The first pic in the header will be my envisioned version of Eiza. Her name is Ignacia Doldan. I thinks she's absolutely beautiful! I in no way claim any of the rights to the people in this story, only the plot is my own. Thanks fore reading! I'm excited to see where this story could go! Let me know of your thoughts! I'd love for this to be an interactive experience. I already have 8 parts of this story written but I want to take my time with it as well. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

All the Best,
Gaby.