𝑺𝟑/𝟎𝟕: 𝒔𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈

WHERE YOU WILL BE,
YOU WILL BE LONELY BABY.
YOU'LL BE SO LONELY
YOU COULD DIE.

YOU'LL BE SO LONELYYOU COULD DIE

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Single. I'm single now.

I should've seen it coming. Olga, Julien, the alcohol. Austin refused to tell me about the drugging, and now I'm scared for Hugo. At his doorstep, I tap my foot. I knocked minutes ago, yet he was not in sight. Knocking again, "Hugo!!!" I call for him.

He isn't picking up any of my calls, and I'm growing worried. "Where the fuck is he?"

His windows are shut, curtains pulled, and only the outline of the key under the doormat was there. I call Holly instead. "Is Hugo at the hotel?"

"He's not. Is everything okay?"

I tell Holly to call me if Hugo does enter Andromeda, and call Maria.

"He hasn't been here. Oh dear, is everything okay? Where is he?"

Maria's voice is laced with concern, even through the speakers of my phone, I hear the cracks. "He's not home, I don't know where he is but I need to talk to him.... about Olga."

"What about her? They seemed to be having no issue in their relationship, the last time I saw them."

Maria doesn't know about the drugging, nor am I a hundred percent sure, but I have to tell her. Stepping back into my car, I pull up at her house. On one of the stools around her large kitchen island, "I think she's been doing the same to Hugo." I explain.

She stares at me, eyes faltering between my fave and her cup of tea. "My dear! Ottilie, why haven't you told me about this earlier?"

"I didn't know either!" I raise my hands in protest. "I mean, I knew Hugo looked kinda like he did back then, but he was so adamant about being clean! I thought he might've just been tired or something... If I had known Olga was drugging him I would've- of course I- I would've done... done something!"

I don't realize until after I finish my sentence, but my cup of tea had been watered down with salty tears dripping from my face.

Maria walks around the island and places her warm hands on my shoulders, a kiss planted on the top of my head, she sighs. "Ottilie pie, I know. I know darling." She embraces me in her hug and I can't control my tears. "Cry, it's good." She cooes.

"I'm a terrible sister." I sob, hiccups stuck in my throat, my cheeks stinging. That's when I feel her hug tighten, and her head shake. "I couldn't see it, I- I should've just went with my gut- I-"