Chapter Forty-Two | Riot's coming.

Lydorius is darkness.
Lydorius is death.

Lydorius is waiting.

Zane is darkness
Zane is death.

Zane is waiting.

The very party shall she be concealed from, will be his crime scene.

The very party shall she be concealed from, will house his vengeance.

The very party shall she be concealed from, will be the bed for many corpses.

He knows who's going to be there.

He knows who's coming.

And he'll know who it is once he sees him.

Those same black eyes that his enemy would also have.

He knows.

He fucking knows a secret that is too heavy to digest.

If only Azalea could prevent what would happen because of her mate.

What he was going to do for her.

Because after this party, things aren't going to be the same.

𓂃 ֙

The younger boy, younger than his Alpha, followed profusely after the speed-walking tyrant, trying to close the space between them to catch a conversation. To see an impending reaction.

"Zane," Pier panted softly, his breath shortening after he was made to trail the progeny to his wing of the castle.

Zane said nothing.

The hot coffee burned his fingers, yet he healed in under a second.

"Why didn't you tell me you had another vision?" Pier stressed, his face turning sour once they reached the Knight corridor of Zane's wing, watching the dark-haired boy have nothing but cracked knuckles and clenched fists.

Zane said nothing.

His thundering footsteps bounced on the walls and ceiling like an echo, seizing the ambience with his potent, yet invisible demeanour. 

The marks on his torso were gone, but Pier could see Lydorius's marks on Zane's back and shoulders. He had more moons, for every moon represented the head of an Alpha he devoured. 

The amount of moons he saw was terrifying.

Pier almost grabbed Zane's hand to stop him.

"Tell me what happened to her." Pier insisted, his voice so soft, getting aggressively pushed away into the nearby surface, almost as a fall.

Zane's nostrils flared, with his voice deepening in the abyss of his throat, his eyes daring Pier to make another move of making physical contact with him. 

"You can push me away all you want," Pier cleared his throat while regaining himself, facing the erect-statured Alpha with all his leftover stamina and a clenched fist of his own. "I know you couldn't find the bastard. It doesn't save her if you bottle everything up." The blue-eyed boy growled, his arm hurting, making Zane huff.

"You're gonna play therapist again?" Zane threatened, his fist meeting with Pier's arm when it was stretched again to touch him, knowing he'd make a move again.

Pier hissed from the impact, feeling the wrath from Zane's body pour into the thick tension between them, pressing his arm to lessen the pain.

"Don't fucking do my father's bidding. Fuck off." The Alpha spat with a sneer, turning back around to head to his room.