No more colour

Branch watched in horror as his Grandma was taken.

He heard her screams as she was painfully crushed to death, his little ears drooping as he sat up on his knees.

"Grandma..." he whispered.

He bowed his head and closed his eyes.

Feeling pain as his colour drained from his body and he turned grey.

He deserves this.

Actions have consequences after all.

Branch whimpered quietly as the pain reached his little toes.

He deserves this.

He does.

He does.

He does.

He does!

HE DOES!

H E D O E S!

He whimpered again and opened his eyes, expecting to see green and brown and a few other colours maybe.

But nothing.

It was grey.

Grey like him.

He began to cry, did he deserve this much punishment?

Of course he does.

Of course he does!

He got his Grandma killed!

Branch hit his head a few times as he teared up and began to scream, "STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!"

Branch cried ignoring everything else around him.

King Peppy on the other hand, ran through the village.

He'd been informed that someone had heard a screaming trolling that wouldn't quiet down.

He needed to help the trollings parents or gaurdians calm them before the bergens found them.

He ran into a small clearing where the screaming was.

His heart stopped when he saw Branch crying and hitting his head, screaming at himself.

He ran over and picked up the tiny four year old.

"Branch, what happened?"

Branch looked up at him and stopped hitting himself as he screamed, "I KILLED GRANDMA!" He wailed.

King Peppy winced and held him close, bouncing him gently, "Shhhh, shhhhh, shhhhhh..." he cooed.

Branch was still crying but his screaming stopped so King Peppy took that as a win.

He rubbed his back and walked out of the clearing, still holding onto Branch.

He walked back into the village, calming Branch the best he could, ignoring as other trolls stared at them.

"I-I can't...I can’t see c-colour!" Branch cried.

King Peppy became more worried and held him tighter, "It's gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay.."

Branch buried his face in King Peppy's shoulder and cried.

King Peppy silently walked back to his pod where his three children, all older then Branch, were waiting for him.