FORTY-EIGHT, SIRIUS BLACK THE ANIMAGUS!

OPENING THE DOOR, CASSIE watched Crookshanks run in and jump on the four-poster bed

OPENING THE DOOR, CASSIE watched Crookshanks run in and jump on the four-poster bed. On the floor beside her, clutching his leg, which stuck out at a strange angle, was Ron.

Cassie grabbed ahold of him, lifting him up. "Are you okay?" She asked, placing him on a chair in the far corner of the room. "Where is he?"

Ron couldn't answer as Hermione, Callie and Harry burst in. "Ron — are you okay?" Hermione asked, rushing over to him.

"Where's the dog?" Harry questioned.

"Not a dog," Ron moaned. His teeth were gritted with pain. "Harry, it's a trap —"

"What —"

"He's the dog... He's an Animagus." Ron pointed at a figure behind the door. The figure became known as he shut the door.

Sirius Black stood there, looking as clean as ever. "Expelliarmus!" he croaked, pointing Ron's wand at them.

Harry's, Callie's and Hermione's wands shot out of their hands, high in the air, and Sirius caught them. Cassie still had ahold of hers, though, as she knew the full truth.

Sirius' eyes were glued to Harry. "I thought you'd come and help your friend," he said hoarsely. "Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful... It will make everything much easier..."

Harry rushed forward, Cassie was quicker. She grabbed ahold of Harry, pulling him back into her. He held her hand tightly. "No, Harry!" Cassie said to him with a shake of her head.

She didn't sound scared; She was calm. "Why aren't you —?" Callie, however, didn't get to finish asking her question as she was cut off.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" Ron said fiercely, though he swayed slightly as he spoke.

"Sit back down," Sirius said quietly to Ron. "You will damage that leg even more."

"Did you hear me?" Ron said weakly, though he was clinging painfully to Callie and Hermione to stay upright. "You'll have to kill all five of us!"

"There'll be only one murder here tonight," said Sirius, and his grin widened.

Cassie rolled her eyes.

"Why's that?" Harry spat, trying to wrench himself free of Cassie's grip. "Didn't care last time, did you? Didn't mind slaughtering all those Muggles to get at Pettigrew... What's the matter, gone soft in Azkaban?"

"Harry!" Hermione whimpered. "Be quiet!"

"HE KILLED MY MUM AND DAD!" Harry roared, and with a huge effort he broke free of Cassie's grip, making her stumble backwards.

One of Harry's hands fastened over his wrist, forcing the wand tips away from himself; the knuckles of Harry's other hand collided with the side of Sirius' head and they fell, backward, into the wall...

Cassie gasped in shock.

The wands in Sirius' hand sent a jet of sparks into the air that missed Harry's face by inches but he clung on, his other hand punching every part of Sirius it could find.

But Sirius' free hand had found Harry's throat "No," he hissed, "I've waited too long —"

"SIRIUS!" Cassie exclaimed, "WHAT THE FUCK?"

Hermione kicked Sirius in the side as hard as she could, making him let go of Harry with a grunt of pain. Ron had thrown himself on Sirius' wand hand and Callie was staring at Cassie with narrowed eyes.

Harry threw himself towards his wand, but Crookshanks had joined them; both sets of front claws had sunk themselves deep into Harry's arm; Harry threw him off, but Crookshanks now darted toward Harry's wand —

"NO YOU DON'T!" roared Harry, and he aimed a kick at Crookshanks that made the cat leap aside, spitting; Harry snatched up his wand and turned —

Cassie watched the scene before her, her eyes wide as she had no idea what to do. Callie, however, rushed to grab hers, Ron's and Hermione's wands.

"Get out of the way!" Harry shouted at Ron and Hermione.

Hermione was gasping for breath and her lip was bleeding; Ron crawled to the chair and collapsed onto it, panting, his white face now tinged with green, both hands clutching his broken leg.

Cassie couldn't look at him; She was too disgusted.

Sirius was sprawled at the bottom of the wall. His chest rose and fell rapidly as he watched Harry walking slowly nearer, his wand pointing straight at his heart.

"Going to kill me, Harry?" Sirius whispered.

Harry stopped right above him, his wand still pointing at Sirius' chest, looking down at him. A livid bruise was rising around Sirius' left eye and his nose was bleeding.

"You killed my parents," said Harry, his voice shaking slightly, but his wand hand quite steady.

"I don't deny it," Sirius said very quietly. "But if you knew the whole story."

"The whole story?" Harry repeated, a furious pounding in his ears. "You sold them to Voldemort. That's all I need to know."

"You've got to listen to me," Black said, and there was a note of urgency in his voice now. "You'll regret it if you don't... You don't understand..."

"I understand a lot better than you think," said Harry, and his voice shook more than ever. "You never heard her, did you? My mum... trying to stop Voldemort killing me... and you did that... you did it..."

Before another word was spoken, Crookshanks leapt onto Sirius' chest and he settled himself there, right over Sirius' heart. Sirius blinked and looked down at the cat.

"Get off," he murmured, trying to push Crookshanks off him.

But Crookshanks sank his claws into Black's robes and wouldn't shift. Hermione gave a dry sob.

Cassie watched as Harry's grip tightened on the wand.

Harry raised the wand. He stood there, frozen, wand poised, Sirius staring up at him, Crookshanks on his chest.

The other three were panicking. Cassie just watched, she knew Harry wouldn't do anything.

Muffled footsteps were echoing up through the floor — someone was moving downstairs. Cassie tried to hide her grin, but failed. Callie looked over at her, "Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding," she said, "You knew tha—"

"WE'RE UP HERE!" Hermione screamed suddenly, hearing the footsteps downstairs get louder. "WE'RE UP HERE —- SIRIUS BLACK — QUICK!"

A/N: I'm so excited to start Goblet of Fire soon!!!
QOTD: what is your dreamjob?
AOTD: either to be on the west end, or an actress!