Prologue

A gunshot rips through the nightly quiet of a dirty motel in the darkest corner of Soul City. The bulb of a wine glass rolls across the floor, another one rests in pieces.
Short scenes flicker across a small TV screen. They fade in and out of existence. Seconds in time, the most beautiful moments of his life. Caramel skin with a glowing crown of deep orange hair, a radiant sunshine smile, the most adorable crooked tooth he's ever seen. A child clings to this God-like figure. A little girl with the same pouty lips, the same rust hair, the same cheeky grin, and crinkling golden eyes. Both of them giggle as they twirl before collapsing on a bed and looking right at the camera lens.
Right at him.
Jungkook sighs, then shudders.

The mouth of a gun kisses his forehead, ripping the past from his arms and reminding him of the present he has yet to face. 
"Is this really what you want?" He asks the gorgeous man whose weight rolls into his lap. Sweet, sweet pressure.
The recording on the screen rattles, then it starts all over again, showing a sunset through glass windows, a wistful gaze, a kiss. Soft jazz music filters through thick, musty air.

There's a sharp inhale, a tiny flinch. The person on top of him shifts, fabric rustles, lights flicker. The warm flesh beneath Jungkook's hands is covered in nothing but sheer white fabric. He wants to kiss it so bad, wants to sink his teeth into it, leave his mark, make him his.
"Jimin," Jungkook whispers, his hands sliding from the soft mounds of his hips to the deep s-curve of his waist.
"Talk to me. It doesn't have to end like this."

"How should it end, then?" Jimin replies, his voice void of emotions. But Jungkook feels the quiver of the gun, of the hands holding it. He sees the tremor of his pale pillow lips.
"Should we die in a ditch somewhere?" Jimin goes on. "Like Romeo and Juliet?"
His sharp cat eyes reflect the bright neon lights of the glowing night life outside. They fill the tear streaks on his cheeks with vibrant pinks, purples, and blues. Jungkook can't help himself. He uses his thumb to wipe them away. For years, he thought weaknesses didn't apply to him. That was before he knew about his omega's tears.

Jimin moves, startled, and Jungkook groans. His hips snap upwards. Curses spill from his lips like bloody wine. Damn it. His head turns into a broken carousel, spinning round and round. I want him. I need him. He's all I have.
"You used to love romantic shit like that," he chokes, teeth grinding, jaw tight. How easy would it be to grab him, to press him into the pillows and fuck him into oblivion. But he can't do that. No. He can, but he never would. Even if he dies tonight, he doesn't want to be hated.

Jimin quivers, his head tipped back, throat revealed as if to wait for Jungkook's bite. He used to dream of this, of this moment. Now, it feels like the worst nightmare he ever had.

"That's not romantic; it's a tragedy," Jimin whimpers, hips jerking faster. A teaser, a tempter, that's just who he is. His whole body tenses when he cums, the heat of his seed spills across Jungkook's tight stomach.
They gasp for breath, their eyes meet. Jungkook sees the sadness in them and he knows. He always knew. From the very beginning, their love was doomed to be a horror story.

"I'm sorry." Jimin's fingers tighten around the trigger. Jungkook smiles like it's nothing. If he has to die for someone, it's probably best if he dies for him. For them. For his family.
He grabs Jimin's hand, his thumb pressing down.
The gun unloads with a heart-stopping bang.

How did this happen? Where did they go wrong?
Jungkook can't remember. All he knows is that it all started with 'him'.