୨୧ 005

A month later,Izana's office

A month later,
Izana's office..

Third Person's POV

Izana sat behind his imposing desk, his sharp gaze piercing through air of his dimly lit office. Kakucho, flanking him on his right side, exuded an aura of loyalty.

Hajime stood before Izana and Kakucho with his head hanging low, a sign of respect and subordination to the two men. Silence stretched between them for a long moment until Izana himself broke the silence, his voice low and commanding, cutting through the tension like a blade through silk.

"Report, now."

In that moment, the air crackled with anticipation, as the fate of their organization hung in the balance, waiting to be decided by the outcome of the conversation unfolding in Izana's office.

Or more accurate, Hajime's fate.

If Hajime, by chance, didn't meet Izana's expectation and disappointed his boss, he might lose his position in Tenjiku. Heck, that was not enough to punish him for his incredibility. He might face death punishment, carried out by Kakucho himself. Hence, his devotion to the job personally assigned by Izana was immeasurable.

Hajime stood in the center of the room, holding a sleek tablet in his hands. His brow furrowed in concentration as he scrolled through the detailed report displayed on the screen. Izana's steely gaze fixed on him, his expression unreadable.

With each word Hajime read from the report, the tension in the room intensified, like a taut wire ready to snap at any moment. His voice remained steady and collected though. Izana listened intently, his features betraying no emotion as he absorbed the details of the report.

When Hajime finally concluded the recitation, the room fell into a heavy silence, the gravity of the moment hanging in the air like a shroud. Izana leaned in his chair. With each passing moment, his features grew increasingly somber, a deep sigh escaping his lips like a heavy burden.

"She's quite a busy woman, and that girl never leaves her alone at night at all."

"Yes, but that's not the end of my report yet, Boss."

"Hmm?"

"I noticed the same pattern going on for the four weeks I observed (Y/n)-san and the girl. The young miss, apparently, spends the weekend night sleeping over at a friend's house, then comes back in the morning. I thought it was a one-time thing at first, but it turned out to be a weekly routine."

Hajime lifted his head up, his lips curled into a smile. "So, I think the most perfect timing to meet up with (Y/n)-san alone is that time, Boss."

When the report reached that point, Hajime's tone shifted, and a glimmer of hope danced in Izana's eyes, like a sudden ray of sunshine piercing through storm clouds. A flicker of surprise crossed the boss' face, followed by a slow spreading of warmth in his gaze.