Chapter 7(JK pov)

"Jungkook-ah, we're heading to the court," Eunwoo informs as he leaves the locker room along with Mingyu and Chan.

"I'll be right there!" I yell back.

I open my locker and shove my school uniform inside. 

Today was a long day, especially since Shortie showed up. That girl is way too tiring. 

After drinking some water, I take out the bag containing my sneakers. 

What I don't expect, is to see my brand new Jordans completely filled, by what seems to be banana milk, and it smells AWFUL.

What the hell?

There was a note inside the bag. I take it out and read it.

"Figured a Coconut would need its milk ;)"

Frustrated, I drop the bag and hit the lockers. 

There's no point in cleaning the sneakers, they're ruined, and I have an idea as to who did it.

Later...

I dribble the ball between my legs before shooting. It circles on the rim and falls off. I sigh. Must've lost my touch over the winter break.

"Boys, gather around," the coach yells.

I drop the ball and jog towards coach along with my teammates. We've been practicing for about an hour now. I feel tired already though usually I can play for long without being tired. 

Oh God, I'm getting old.

"We're playing against a team from Incheon in less than two months. Last year when your seniors played against them, they lost. That will not happen this time. Got it?"

"Yes coach!".

"Good, I need you to give your all for practice. Don't let your previous wins get to your head."

"Yes coach!"

"I know all of you must be tired since you haven't played for a while. You can go home now. But starting tomorrow, you will have two hours of practice each day. Got it?"

"Yes coach!"

"You can leave now."

I grab my bottle and head to the locker room. After changing my clothes I wait until Mingyu, Bangchan and Eunwoo are done.

It's not long before they join me and we walk back home. 

"The gods have finally listened to me," says Mingyu, cracking a smile.

"What're you talking about?" Bangchan asks.

"I prayed that the new girl will be cute and my prayers have been answered. She's so pretty."

I roll my eyes.

"Have you even talked to her?" Eunwoo asks. "Me and Channie couldn't. Maybe we'll introduce ourselves tomorrow."

"Yeah we should," agrees Bangchan.

"For the record, I DID talk to her and we would have hit it off pretty well if Jungkook hadn't interrupted us," Mingyu says accusingly.

"You probably did her a favor Jungkook," Bangchan jokes, nudging my elbow.

"Yah!"

"Would you please stop talking about Shortie?" I plead.

"Wow Jungkook, she's barely been here for a day and you guys are already calling each other nicknames?" Eunwoo raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah, it seems to me like you know her already, although she doesn't seem to like you very much..." Bangchan mumbles.

"What makes you say that?" I ask, my ego hurt.

"Because I clearly heard her tell Yoora exactly that during lunch break. I believe she called you 'the human version of period cramps'."

Mingyu and Eunwoo start cracking up.

"Well, I don't care what she thinks of me. And yeah, I...might have ran into her yesterday", I admit.

"What? Where?!", all three of them ask at the same time. We've stopped walking now.

"At the convenience store. And I may or may not have snapped at her".

"Why would you do that to a sweet girl like her?", Mingyu asks.

I roll my eyes. "Sweet girl? Oh please, she deserved it for trying to steal my banana milk. And look what she did to my brand new sneakers now," I complain and show them my ruined Jordans. 

"That's why you told coach you forgot your shoes? You'd rather run 10 laps than tell him what happened?" asks Eunwoo.

"Can we just drop this topic? I'm getting a headache", I say as I start walking again.

"Well if I was her, I would be mad at you too," Bangchan mutters. I glare at him.

We continue walking in silence for a couple of minutes.

"Okay, here's another topic," starts Mingyu, "I heard a rumor that a lot of entertainment agencies will start auditions in a few months, for recruiting trainees for upcoming boy groups. I'm thinking of applying."

"What's your talent Mingyu? Annoying people?" Eunwoo asks.

"Yah! it doesn't hurt to try right? There might be a chance that I pass."

The boys continue talking amongst themselves but my mind is somewhere else. Being an idol means I can pursue my passion for singing.

Maybe Mingyu has a point. Auditioning to be an idol doesn't sound like a bad idea...