My Self-identity

Sachinbhai Patel

ENG 101 - 77

Prof. Kelly Keough

March 27, 2013

                                                             My Self-identity

            What is the importance of self-identity? The importance of self-identity in life is as important as the water and food to live. Before you introduce yourself to this world, first of all, you need to understand yourself because self-identification is the prime requirement in life. Thus, if you understand yourself, then you can easily determine the aims of your lives. There are some specific things behind a person’s name; it motivates them to achieve their goals in life. I believe that life must have some restriction and values to build a good image in society. Discovering self-identity is the hardiest process for anyone because it is really tough to find self-identity between the challenges of life. Everything in this world was discovered, so I chose three of the most important steps in my life to discover my self-identity. First, I tried to understand myself, and also figured out the aims of my life. Next, I found a peculiarity in my name; the name of Sachin is a very famous Indian Cricketer’s name, so it inspires me to do something great in my life for the benefit of that name. And finally, I decided to build specific rules of my life to know better myself.

Self-confidence makes us better to grasp our self. My father always shared his life experiences, and thoughts with me. Eventually, I had learned lots of things from his life, such as values of life, how to handle the critical situations, and what types of aims I should have in life. I also was inspired a lot when I read about Helen Keller in the class; I learned from her life how to ignore the painful conditions of life and move on. Helen Keller talked about a self-realization in the one of her articles, “The Most Important Day”, that when she touched the water, and suddenly she felt that this cool liquid thing must be water, which my teacher motioned. My aim in life to get skills in the software engineering, so I can help society by my knowledge. I can get success in my goal, if I promise myself to work hard. I have to work really hard to get anything in life because I am not very smart boy who can understand everything at the first time, but I can do it, it takes some time. There are lots of powers in the names.

It is really hard to make much more worthy name in the society. Whenever I read about the big names, I ask myself that may I do something special in my life to make my name impressive? And immediately, I get reply that yes you may do it, if you study the great peoples’ lives. Each of us has some particular peculiarities in life, which motivate us, so simply we just have to find, and follow them. For example, I studied Gandhi’s life, and I found two characters from his life that “Gandhi meant confluence of peace, and truth in his life.” In “Be Specific”, Natalie Goldberg explains that how names, and its peculiarities help us to make more attentive to each other’s work. Principles are necessary for the mankind to make well-developed society.

We can judge any people by his or her behavior, so I am always worried about my behavior. According to me, this world runs good because of the rules and regulations; otherwise it would be impossible to imagine life on the earth. That is why as a human, we also have to follow some rules in the personal life to make it better. I definitely have some restriction in my life, which is helpful to me, such as I do not drink alcohol, I do not eat meat because of my tradition, and I also stay away from those who have no manner to respect women. There are many reasons behind bad habits in life, but we have to fight hard against them than being hooked by evil habits. For example, Sally Satel told us the factors behind being addicted in her article, “Addiction Doesn’t Discriminate?”, she said that, family, job, and relationship are the major reasons behind addiction. (Satel, 323) Thus, addiction is not a solution of the difficulties, but it makes us wimps instead to fight against the weaknesses. I am still trying to identify myself because this is a kind of process, which will not end.

At last, you have to identify yourselves, if you want to know more about life because life is like the ocean, which has endless reservoir. Identification is a kind of everlasting process, so it is better to know more and more about you as much as you know. I tried to understand myself, and also looked at the peculiarities in my name, but I did not recognize myself completely, as I should, so I had to look at the values of life to make concrete pillar of my life. Understanding makes more beautiful relationship between each other, so you should developed that skill in life to get closer to your loved ones. I think you always try to find good qualities from others’ lives, so it would help you to construct a valuable life. Truthfully, you still have to learn how to live life because you are selfish humans; you should care about others who are failing the battles of life. You must have restrictions in life, which would help society later. Thus, we are human, so obviously we are not completely perfect, but at least want to be perfect.