On the quest for a mystery!

Chester was peacefully resting on the couch, until Parker interrupted his beauty sleep to tell him that they're on the verge of eviction. Chester groaned, they've been in this situation for a while. Waiting and waiting for a new job opportunity, but nothing... Do people even have ghost problems anymore?! Apparently NOT! Because if they were, the two pals wouldn't be on the verge of losing their home.

'I know we haven't had a lot of opportunities to get paid, but this is serious now.' Parker huffed. 'We need to get a request to investigate someone's house.'

'Like how people call up Life of Luxury?' Chester opened his eyes, and looked up to meet Parker's glare.

'Well.. Not exactly, but yeah. Something like that at least.'

'Then just like make an ad on reddit, those mfs are CRAZYYYY'

'You're right, Chester, i'll do that.. It's probably our only hope at making some money. Normal people aren't delusional.' Parker sighed, it wasn't common for him to agree with Chester but desperate times call for desperate measures.

The brunette girl sat down on a half broken gaming chair in front of her friend's computer. Not to mention it was probably molding... (They found it in a garbage can outside of a restaurant.)

She opened the browser and typed in 'reddit'. Carefully pressing on the site, she logged in and started typing up a post about their services, not too long, but not too short.

                                                  -------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, they received a call from Lily, an 18 yr old girl (just like in the Life of Luxury videos, how ironic) who complained about her dad acting weird at night. Well they surely specified that they only investigated paranormal things, but the pay was pretty good and if they didn't want to get kicked out they couldn't refuse. Chester was a bit skeptical though.

'Bro I don't know about this... Why would she be calling about her dad of all things?! Like that is NOTTT our problem!' Chester bargained with Parker, but to no avail.

'Chester, she called us, we have to help! Besides weren't you the one who mentioned Life of Luxury and to make an ad on reddit??'

Chester groaned. ' YES, I SUGGESTED IT, BUT IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT INVESTIGATING SOMEONE'S WEIRD ASS FATHER??'

'You're acting like we'll die, if we go to her house and help her. WE'RE GETTING PAID. THIS ISN'T SOME STAGED YOUTUBE VIDEO, CHESTER!'

'THEY'RE FROM REDDIT. I THINK THAT'S ALL I NEED TO SAY.' Chester rolled his eyes. How could Parker be so idiotic? Like there's no way, he's actually serious about this.

'TOO EFFING BAD! WE'RE DRIVING NOW!' Parker stomped his foot on the ground. And yes, she did censor herself from swearing.

Chester's whole face went pale. This is absurd.

                                                                           ----------------------------

After Chester was forcefully dragged into the car by Parker, he knew there was no point. Well either they'll make some cash and get away scotch free, OR THE WAY MORE LIKELY OPTION-  get murdered by some sketchy reddit user and their daddy dearest.

Of course, even though Chester was already in the car, he continued to complain the whole ride to Lily's house. There's no actual way that person was sane, like little to none...

'Chester you'll be fine, it's just a silly investigation...'

'THAT WILL END IN US BEING IN OUR GRAVES LIKE KARINA IN 2 YEARS AFTER INHALING THEIR DUMB CHERRY COLA JUICE VAPE STICK.'

'Look, that won't happen. After all they already have like stage 4 lung cancer... Also they got a new boyfriend, because of vaping.. Can you believe that?' Parker groaned, maybe he was a little jealous,  but at least he didn't have fucking lung cancer.'

'WOAH, WOAH, WOAH. NOW DON'T YOU GO AND CHANGE THE TOPIC. But holy shit, they did?? BEFORE US BROO SERIOUSLY?' Chester widened his eyes, while trying not to think about the impending doom coming for them (Lily's house).

'RIGHT? HIS NAME WAS LIKE GO JOE OR SOMETHING. Apparently they were going to school and bumped into eachother, AND THEN KARINA JUST FELL ON THE GROUND, so the poor guy had to drive her to the hospital..'

'That's insane dawggg... That's why you don't puff that rainbow air. BUT GOD HOW DID THEY PULL BY ALMOST DYING?!'

The two were going to complain more, but their journey was over.

'Looks like we're here, Chester.' Parker sighed.

'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! FCUK MY LIFE I DONT WANT TO DIE PLEASE GOD NOOOO!!!'

'Aren't you like suicidal??? Calm your shit.'

'Omg right I forgot.'

'Anyway let's get inside, it's already past 12am.'

'Why did we come here so late?' Chester wonders why he even bothers at this point.

'Doesn't matter'.

                                                                             ------------------------

The strange duo flopped out of the car and started walking towards the house.

'What the fuck, does anybody even live here?? This shit hole looks abandoned, I don't think it's a good idea to even knock, let's just get the hell out of here..' Chester pulled on Parker's arm hoping he'd listen.

'Chester, maybe they're just in a bad place! How can you just so openly judge them?!' Parker shoved Chester off his arm and continued walking.

Chester pouted, well if he had to, then whatever.

After they reached the entrance, Parker knocked three times on the creepy door.

'I don't think anyone's here, they're not answering.'

'OMG THANK THE LORD, LET'S GET OUT OF HERE ALREA-'

Before Chester could do his little celebratory dance and run back to the car, someone slightly opened the door.