Chapter One

"Mom! Where did you put my suitcase!" I screamed down the hall. I heard my mom walking up the stairs so I started heading back into my room.

"You know I can hear without you screaming at me... whats that you're holding?" she asked looking down at my side.

"Just a picture," I smiled.

"OK ," she sighed as she started to head back downstairs.

"Remember to pack your charger. I know you can't survive more than 24 hours without communication with your friends; oh and your suitcase is under your bed," she yelled from the stairs.

I grabbed my suitcase and yanked my charger out from the socket in the wall. Then I looked down at the picture in my hand. 

It was a picture of my dad holding me up at a Disney parade when I was 8 years old. He had a huge smile on his face and he was pointing to the float with Ariel and Flounder. I was making a fish face and trying to get Ariel to wave back at me. I knew that if my mom saw the picture she would be torn. I stuck the picture inside my phone case and zipped up my bag.

I grabbed a banana from the kitchen and went out to the car. Mom was already waiting for me. I buckled and turned on the radio to my favorite station.

"I wonder how many cute boys there will be," my mom joked, nudging me as we turned  onto the freeway.

"Haha, you know I haven't had a real relationship since Todd and I'd rather not relive that painful experience," I smirked.

"Besides I just want to have a drama free vacation and possibly get some cash for my Senior trip to Hawaii with Spencer and Cara."

"Maybe you could teach little kids how to surf or something," mom suggested.

"You do realize you have to know how to surf to give lessons."

"Ooh look the Hollywood sign," mom squealed pointing.

I snapped a picture and looked around for anything else that looked cool.

"Hey look mom. Dolly's Cafe; maybe they're hiring. Remember when they had one of those near us and we'd go their for iced coffee and lemon cookies?"

"Oh yeah, that was always fun," she smiled as we pulled into the driveway of a condo.

"Welcome to your new home for the next 3 months," mom grinned.

I got out my suitcase from the trunk and hurried inside.

The place was huge. It had bamboo floors and granite countertops.I walked upsatirs and plopped down on the bed. I fell asleep to the sounds of city life and trees rustling.