How could you?

Ningguang was always sending out Beidou on trips for supplies, or things that needed to be dealt with. Obviously, Beidou agrees cause who can ever refuse a pretty lady such as the Tianquan? No Captain would. That's for sure. Surely there's always compensation for that? Right?

The famously wide Captain of the Crux Fleet had come back to Liyue harbor. She was seen happily greeting everybody in the harbor. And that damned grin on her face, always so smiley and cheerful.

A few days prior, Ningguang had asked Beidou to collect some cargo for her from Fontaine. Of course, she agrees. And now she was unloading the said cargo from her ship. Why does she look so happy while doing it? There's nothing to be happy about.

Their dear Tianquan looks from above watching that Captain. Closely observing her every movement. But soon grows tired of seeing such a face. She then buries herself in documents, and papers needing to be approved or signed.

A certain..someone barges into her office. "Honey! I'm back!" Beidou interrupts loudly with Baishi's voice following, "H-hey! I said she was busy!"

Ningguang hadn't bothered to look up and sighed. "What do you need to require such.. loud appearances?" Ningguang took a quick look at the Captain walking towards her desk. That damned woman still had a frustrating smile on her face. "Cmon Ning! Cheer up a little, yknow ya missed me!" She talking as if they were friends of some sort.

"I do not recall us being acquaintances. So, do refrain from using such names." Cold as ice. Some may think she has possessed a cryo vision of some sort. "Ouch, that stings a bit" She says in the same nonchalant manner she always uses. But has a slight hurt in her eyes in which Ningguang cannot see.

"Anyways! I want my payment, as per agreement." She flailing her hands around.

"Ah, yes. Here it is." She slides the pouch of mora towards Beidou, not looking up from her paperwork. She grabs the mora off the desk, more aggressively than usual which Ningguang takes notice but says nothing.

"I hope you don't mind me asking for another request." Ningguang says before Beidou reached the door to leave. "Take care of some treasure hoarders near Dihua Marsh. They're disturbing the people at wangshu inn. I'll give you your mora after."

"Yeah, yeah I hear ya. I'll be off I assume. Bye bye Darlin'!" She waves with the same grin that irritated her so much. "I said don't call me.." Hearing the door slam shut. Making her brows furrow a bit "that.."

She sighed in irritation. How much she hated the brunettes carefree attitude, and how her flamboyant personality always seemed so different from Ningguangs cold demeanor.. How she was so attracted to it.. The confidence in her voice, the way she goes on and on about her adventures on the Alcor, their beloved chess games.. No, she mustn't get too ahead of herself. A mere pirate and the Tianquan together would surely tarnish her reputation.

Therefore, she made up her mind. She will no longer involve herself with that tiresome Captain. She will no more ask to have tea, have chats, or even play the chess games that she recommends playing every week. She made up that it will start being strictly professional.. yeah.. only professional..

Beidou made quick work of those treasure hoarders. She looked at the pile of hoarders and wiped the sweat off her forehead. "Ning will be happy with this." She thought, grinning ear to ear thinking about what she might tease that Tianquan about later.

The Captain arrived back at the Jade chamber the next morning, strutting her way in to the same office she was in the day before.

And again, Ningguang didn't look up from her desk. She just acknowledged her presence.