,,Prologue

( ꩜ ᯅ ꩜;) 

The night was cold, as the moon shone brightly from the dimly lit sky.
But that peace will be soon broken by the sounds of panicked footsteps that belonged to a certain woman, holding a child near her chest.

"D-don't worry Y/N this'll be over soon.." the woman said, panting heavily. Her daughter nuzzles against her mother's chest, enjoying their warmth.

As the woman's panicked footsteps came into a halt, as she was met face to face to a door. Y/N's mother teared up as she placed her beloved daughter in the front door of the house. "My dear Y/N...I'll come back for you 'kay?" Y/N's mother hugged her daughter close, one last time before knocking on the door and running away hurriedly.

Eventually, the door flew opened as a young woman with ravenette hair wearing ruby red glasses.

Nemuri's POV

"Is anybody...here?" I muttered as I opened the door to see who knocked on my door. I sighed after checking both sides trying to double check if anybody was still there, but then as I was about to close the door I saw a child wrapped in dirty lavender coloured cloth.

I gasped as I hurriedly took the kid into my arms and went inside in hopes of warming them up. "What are you doing out there sweetie?" I asked before caressing the cheek of the dirtied girl.

"M-mommy.." the girl said in a slightly raspy voice, looking at me with glossed eyes. Looking at the girl with pity, I sighed before carrying her to the bathroom "Let's clean you up first yeah? Then tomorrow we will go to the authorities to find your mom" I said with a smile in hopes of making the girl feel assured.

The girl nodded in agreement as we made our way to the bathroom.

After I had cleaned the girl I wrapped her up in a fuzzy towel before carrying her back up to my room to find some clothes. Rummaging through my closet I managed to find a small pair of white tee and purple trousers. I sweatdropped as I made my way to the girl "Sorry kiddo, this is all I've got right now" I mumbled apologetically.

Dressing up the girl in my old clothes, I smiled warmly petting the girl's head in return. "You should take a rest now. It's getting pretty late" I muttered before tucking the girl into the bed. "Sleep well darling" I whispered softly after turning the night light on and walking out of the room.

...

Nemuri-san took very good care of me these past few years, I was very thankful that she had adopted me after a few months since the incident. She was very caring and I had grown to call her my mom because of how attached I was to her.

But I'm still confused to why my mom left me on her front step that night.. it still bothers me whenever I sleep. Who was my mom running from? Could she still be alive to this day? I'm not sure whether the answer is yes or no, but I'm willing to find out!

...

Author's Note!!

Hiya! Fellow readers! This is author sharky and I'm here to inform you that this is my very first time in writing fanfictions, but I'll try my best since I am not good at english also since it's not my first languange.

But make sure to point out any spelling or grammar mistakes!

P.S. The chapters might be only 1K plus words very sorry! :{

Author Sharky🦈 out!