- 10 -

As the school bell chimes and the students file out, Jimin can't shake the feeling that something is wrong with Jungkook since lunchtime. His stepbrother has been unusually quiet all day, his usual cheerful demeanor replaced by a somber aura.

Jungkook's silence deepens as they walk home, and Jimin's concern grows. He wants to reach out, to offer comfort or reassurance, but he doesn't want to pry.

Finally, as they near their house, Jimin can't stand it anymore. "Jungkook, is something wrong?" he asks, gazing up at his stepbrother with concern.

Jungkook turns to face Jimin, his expression unreadable. "I'm fine, Hyung," he says, forcing a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes.

Jimin studies his stepbrother's face, seeing the faint tremor in his lips and the tightness around his jaw. He knows Jungkook is lying.

"Jungkook, please tell me what's going on," Jimin pleads. "I can't stand seeing you like this."

Jungkook forces a smile, trying to mask the turmoil within him. "I'm fine, really. Just not feeling hundred percent today," he offers.

Jimin can sense the urgency in his words, a desperate attempt to change the subject, to escape the weight of his unspoken troubles. But he isn't about to let him off the hook that easily.

"Why don't we watch a movie at home to take our minds off things?” Jimin suggests, hoping to create a distraction that would allow him to open up.

Jungkook hesitates, his eyes darting around as if searching for an escape route, but the flicker of resignation in his gaze gave Jimin a glimmer of hope.

"Sure," he agrees, his voice barely a whisper.

The walk home feels like an eternity, each step filled with an unspoken tension that hangs heavy in the air. Jimin longs to reach out, to offer him the comfort he so desperately needed, but he is afraid of pushing him too far.

Back at home, Jungkook immediately retreats to the kitchen, seeking solace in the familiar task of preparing popcorn. Meanwhile, Jimin curls up on the sofa, the silence filling the room like a suffocating blanket.

As the popcorn pops in the microwave, filling the living room with its buttery aroma, Jimin settles onto the sofa, his heart pounding with anticipation. He can't help but feel a sense of excitement mixed with nervousness as he faces the prospect of watching a horror movie with his stepbrother.

When Jungkook returns with a fresh bowl of popcorn, Jimin's eyes widen in delight. The sight of the fluffy, golden kernels makes his mouth water, and he can't resist reaching for a handful.

"Which movie do you want to watch?" Jimin asks, picking up the remote control.

"Any movie is fine," Jungkook replies, his gaze fixed on the screen as Jimin scrolls through the available options.

A horror movie with a clown on the cover catches Jimin's eye.

"How about this one?" He looks at Jungkook with a mischievous grin.

"Are you sure about that? It's a horror movie," Jungkook raises an eyebrow.

"Why not? I've never watched one before. Might as well try it now," Jimin replies with a shrug.

"Alright, but don't blame me when you're screaming your head off," Jungkook chuckles.

Jimin huffs and rolls his eyes. "If that's even happening. I'm not afraid of anything."

"We will see about this", Jungkook thinks with a smirk on his lips.

As the movie progresses, Jimin's bravado quickly fades. Just as Jimin is about to take a bite, a particularly scary scene flashes across the screen. A loud scream erupts from the TV, and Jimin jumps, spilling popcorn all over his lap. He covers his eyes with his hands and huddles under the blanket, his heart pounding like a drum in his chest. 

Jungkook chuckles softly, unable to contain his amusement. "See, I told you it was scary." 

Jimin peeks out from under the blanket, his face flushed with embarrassment. "A-Am n-not," he retorts, his voice trembling.

"Sure you aren't." Jungkook teases, reaching for the popcorn.

Jimin pouts and snatches the bowl away, glaring at Jungkook. "I'm not neglecting the popcorn just for you!" he huffs.

"Jesus... You've been neglecting the popcorn for 10 minutes straight!"

"And?~ That doesn't mean that everything is just for you~" he pouts, which makes

Jungkook chuckles. 

"Alright. Alright. I can make new popcorn."

As Jungkook is gone, Jimin's gaze darts around the room, feeling a sense of emptiness without his stepbrother's presence. He misses the warmth of Jungkook's arm around him, the comforting smell of his shampoo, and the feeling of safety he feels in Jungkook's embrace.

"Jungkook hurry," he mumbles, but not loud enough for him to hear.

When Jungkook returns with a fresh bowl of popcorn, Jimin's heart flutters. He smiles gratefully at Jungkook, his eyes sparkling with admiration. "Here. New and fresh popcorn." He hands him the bowl.

"Thank you~" Jimin smiles cutely.

Why does he have to be that cute?! My stomach feels funny when he's smiling at me...and just seeing him makes my heart race faster.

As the movie continues, Jimin finds himself leaning against Jungkook, feeling a sense of comfort and security in his presence. Jungkook, too, finds himself enjoying the warmth of Jimin's body against his. He wraps his arm around Jimin's shoulders, savoring the feeling of their bodies pressed together. At this point, he doesn't even care about the movie anymore. All he wants is to hold him like that forever, knowing he is safe.

But their moment of intimacy was abruptly interrupted by a vibration from Jimin's phone. 

Jimin's face lights up as he read the messages. He quickly responds before putting his phone down, his smile widening.

"Who is it?" Jungkook asks, his curiosity piqued.

"Oh, it's Namjoon," Jimin replies, his voice fills with excitement. "I gave him my number today."

"I didn't expect him to message me so soon. I'm happy I found someone I can talk to. I'm sure-"

Jungkook's not listening anymore. Jungkook's jaw clenched at the mention of Namjoon's name. A wave of jealousy washes over him, and he feels a knot tighten in his stomach. He doesn't know whether he wants to box into something and let his frustration out or if he just wants to lie underneath his covers and cuddles his favourite stuffed animal while listening to the song 'only then' he just discovered these days and enduring the tightened feeling in his chest.

"How about I invite him over sometime?" Jimin suggests, his eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Jungkook doesn’t respond, feeling overwhelmed. "I-I'm sorry. I don't feel so good and will just go to bed." Jungkook then stands up, heading to his bedroom, not looking once back at Jimin. He can't stand any more of this.

Jimin feels somehow dumbfounded, unsure if he should simply go after him. He decides against it and turns off the TV before he pays attention to his phone.

What he doesn't know is that Jungkook looks back at Jimin just before entering his room hoping he would go after him but finds his new friend more interesting.

He sighs and closes the door behind him. Jungkook slumps onto his bed and lets sadness surround him…