Chapter 2

Publishing this because someone requested for an update and because I got more than 10 votes for the book in less than 5 hours. My plan is still to finish my 2 other books before I focus on this but rest assured that drafts were already saved, so you just have to be patient.

After 13 years...

"Hal-abeoji!!!" Seokjin shouted looking for his grandfather and running around the house.

"Seokjin, you might slip. Why are you even running? Aish!" Jungkook said when he heard Seokjin coming back from school.

"Seokjin-ah..." his grandfather said with a laugh seeing his grandson so happy.

"Hal-abeoji! I got in! Seoul University! First in the list! Look!" He said and shared the paper to his grandfather showing he got in to the school.

"Now, now, relax and tell me more about it, Seokjin." Heechul said and let his grandson sit beside him in the coffee table.

"Look, hal-abeoji! I will be a University student!" Jin said excitedly.

Jungkook then came also running. "Master Kim, apologies, Seokjin was running too fast when he came back." He said while bowing to Heechul.

"It's okay. Now, let's look at your result." Heechul said.

"I-Is this a-about your University exam?" Jungkook asked and Seokjin looked at him excitedly.

"I got in!" Seokjin said then going to Jungkook for a hug but instead, Jungkook carried him up.

"Congratulations, Seokjin!" He said excitedly.

Seokjin suddenly got shy. "I---I'm t-too old for t-this." He said and Jungkook put him down.

"Wow! You're really amazing." Jungkook said again.

"Isn't Seoul University quite far from here? It's at least 2 hours away via train station and if you'll travel by car it will be more hours."

Seokjin suddenly got serious.

"Hal-abeoji, I think this is the right time for me to be independent somehow. I can look for an apartment and live with friends that I'll meet there. The school also offers dormitories." Seokjin said hoping his grandfather won't disagree. "I--I want t-to experience living a n-normal life. And not just a grandson of a Mafia leader. I promise to visit you every weekend, Hal-abeoji! I want to make friends not because they're scared of me, but because I can." He said hoping to get good feedback.

Heechul sighed. He knows that his grandson will eventually request this but did not know it will be this soon.

"Seokjin, I don't disagree with you being in a University. I just worry about you being alone as you haven't lived your life out there alone."

"Maybe this is the best way for me to start doing so." Jin said.

"I agree."

"Really?" Seokjin said with unbelief in his eyes.

"Hmm." Heechul nodded.

Jungkook on the other hand is not believing what he just heard. Why would Mr. Kim allow Seokjin to live alone, especially in Seoul?

"Thank you, hal-abeoji!" Jin said then hugged his grandfather. "I will have a seminar in 2 days, I will check now what clothes I can wear. Thanks again, abeoji."

Jungkook bowed and was about to leave when Heechul stopped him.

"Jungkook-ah."

"Yes, Mr. Kim?"

"I want you to contact this person." Heechul said giving Jungkook a calling card. "I tried to get all the sources I can when you told me about Jin's interest in going to Seoul University. That person will be able to help you with the documents you'll need to get in to the same University and course that Seokjin will be taking. I want you to stay with him while he is there."