Episode One: Wolf Moon (Part 1)

FADE IN:

1 EXT. - AN OLD-FASHIONED BARN - NIGHT 1

WE OPEN with a full moon shining in the starless night sky. The camera pans down to a large dark barn. Red and blue lights flash from police vehicles surrounding the barns as police officers shatter around, collecting evidence

A Park Ranger truck pulls up in front of the camera. The door opens and Victor (34) steps out. He looks unsettled as he puts on his Ranger hat.

Nina (O.S): So, did they tell you what they want?

Victor: No, but knowing the cops they'll want us to examine an animal attack.

They make their way towards the police line and flash an officer their badges. The officer nods and lets them into the crime scene. They continue walking alongside the old ranch house where an officer is questioning an elderly couple.

Nina: Do you think we're going to have to talk to them?

Victor(shrugs): Maybe. Let's what we're dealing with first.

They approached the sheriff and Victor's wife Ava (37) who standing just outside the barn. She turned to them with an unsettled look.

Ava (opens the barn door): Thanks for showing up. I hope you guys can help me with this.

Victor(follows her): What's going on?

Ava: See for yourself

2 INT. - BARN

Victor, Ava, and Nina enter the barn. They cover their noses as if smelling something foul. The camera pans down to a headless half-eaten bull lying on the ground.

Nina(gasps): What the hell did that?

Ava(shrugs): According to Earl, it was a giant wolf but Beth says it was a big bear.

Victor moves closer and examines the bull. He looks at the bull's ripped flesh. The bull's guts spilled out across the ban floor and its missing head. It horrified him but also piqued his interest.

Victor(looks back at them): This wasn't a bear. There will be claw marks all over the barn and the bull. They would be fighting. And the bull is too big for a single wolf to take down.

Earl (O.S): But it was a wolf.

The camera pans over to Earl (65) standing in the doorway. He moved across the barn toward the group.

Earl

It was the biggest wolf I had ever seen with black fur, large fangs, and blood-red eyes. But I shot it. Not fast enough to save poor Rex over here, but I shot it.

Nina( steps towards him)

And then what happened?

Earl points at the huge hole in the barn's wall. Through the hole, we get a view of the dark spooky forest over a pale moon.

Earl (proudly): It probably went to lick its wounds.

Victor(sighs): Or it went to find something else to eat. This is the last weekend of summer break. And all kids will be—

Ava (gasps): Partying in the woods

Ava pulls her radio to her shoulder.

Ava (talks into the radio): Dispatch, I need you to send an alert on everyone's phone to clear out of the woods. And send a patrol car to Peterson Creek. That's where the kids usually are.

Ava turns back to Victor and Nina who finds some footprints. It's a huge wolf print heading out of the barn and into the woods.

Victor: Nina, can you get our rifles and flashlights from the van?