Chapter 1

"Mom~ I'm leaving~"

A kid, looking no more than 10 shouts from a wooden doorway, making his mother let out a frustrated groan. He's wearing a thick layer of clothes, topped by a black shirt and white pants covering his body. A scarlet scarf wrapped comfortably around his neck to keep him from freezing.

He's standing in the middle of an empty, massive garden that was covered by a thick layer of snow, thanks to the weather. A large forest of Wisteria trees covered the large majority of the field, only leaving a few lines to allow people to walk around this sight

"As I said, Y/N, 5 more minutes!" She shouts from the bedroom "I need to put your brother to sleep, that book of yours won't fly away in a few more minutes!" she adds, much to her son's disapproval

"Mou~ You wouldn't understand it" he shakes his head disappointed, making a few strands of his long silky black hair stuck on his face "Hurry up~!"

"Y/N Tsugikuni I swear to Amaterasu that if you don't shut up, you will have to eat morning glory for the rest of this month!" The violet-eyed boy's face immediately turns pale at the mention of morning glory, one of the foods that Y/n hated the most. If you drop him on an empty island full of that vegetable, a year later, you would find a corpse with a bunch of over-sized plants, that show how much he hates it.

After a few moments of silently waiting, a young woman, looks no older than 40, around 20-36, wearing a simple white kimono with cherry blossoms as the main decoration. A piece of clothes hung across her chest, holding Akane, her second child, and Y/N's sister. Her scarlet eyes glare at her son, making him sweat nervously as she kneels to match his height.

"Huh, Mom?" he questions "What are you doinGGGGGGG!?"

"His mother flicks his forehead with a small smile on her face, making him let out a cute pawn as he rubs his forehead

"What was that for?" he asks angrily as the older woman walks toward the big, metal gate and inserts a small, metal key to open it

"Nothing" She replies simply "Now let's get going before that book of yours gets sold out, shall we, my little old man~??" She smirks as she starts to walk away, making the boy let out a cute pout and walk out of the gate, followed shortly by his mom, after locking the gate carefully

Their journey to the bookstore was filled with a brief silent moment, just the two of them walking, sometimes mixed with a few faint cries from the toddler. After 20 minutes of walking, they have finally entered the town.

Despite the snowy day, the town was just as lively as ever, the sound of a group of friends having a drink in a bar at the corner, the sound of a group of young women chatting about things ranging from what they've eaten for breakfast to what's the newest that happen today, the sound of crows fighting for a piece of eaten bread on the sideline, and finally, the loud chattering sound from the market down the street, all of this create a peaceful harmony fill the freezing air.

An excited smile appears on the face of the young Tsugikuni as his family enters the town, despite living in this area for so long, most of his life actually, this was only the second time he has officially visited the town.

"It's so cool that you can walk normally under this kind of weather" Y/N starts, breaking the silence between them, making his mother turn her head toward his direction

"What do you mean by that?" She asks

"How can you walk like that? Even the squirrel is freezing to death under this kind of weather, look over there" She turns her head toward to pointed direction, a small ice statue, forming over a dead squirrel, standing alone in the corner of the ramen shop, making the woman frown a little before turn her head away.