𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ᅳ 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

After a long shower to get the dry blood out of her hair, Happy helped Sage getting dressed

After a long shower to get the dry blood out of her hair, Happy helped Sage getting dressed. As before, Sage was only partially functioning, still shocked by the events that had happened.

Despite the feeling that her head was under water, Happy's voice would occasionally come through to her, or her sister's pleading cries and the begging that could be heard from the living room.

"What happens to Fawn now?" Her green eyes searched for Happy's after he put one of his shirts on her.

"I don't know." Happy's raspy voice sounded sincere. How would he know what Jax was up to? And Fawn was Jax' Old Lady, so it was the blonde's decision what would happen. "But I hope that she gets what she deserves. Although everything would still be too good for her."

"Yeah..that's true", Sage huffed, lowering her head before resting it against Happy's chest. It was his support she needed the most right now.

"I was hoping she was dead", she admitted in a murmur, her arms wrapped tightly around his waist. Tears gathered in her eyes again as Happy ran his hand through her still damp hair. "She would've deserved it. Who the hell is willing to harm a baby?"

"Psychopaths and apparently also jealous people", the SAA replied, his tone laced with disgust. Not even he would ever be able to hurt a child. To him, people like Fawn were truly garbage and pure evil. "Still, I'm glad she's not dead."

"How come?" Sage's head snapped up, confusion crossing her face. "Are you telling me I should have just let it go?"

"Fuck no", Happy snorted, shaking his head before taking her face in his hands. "She deserved every single punchᅳ and she deserved many more. But could you have lived with the guilt of taking someone's life? Be honest with yourself."

Happy's question took her back a bit and made the redhead think for a long moment. She actually wanted to answer 'yes' straight away, but it wasn't as easy as she had thought.

After a few moments Sage shrugged uncertainly. She had to admit, as much as she hated to, that she probably couldn't have lived with the guilt.

"Probably not." Angry with herself, she pressed her lips together, letting a snort escape her nose. "She killed my babyᅳ so why couldn't I live with the guilt? Does that mean my son didn't mean enough to me? That I'm not a good mom if I can't kill someone for my child?"

Happy let her ramble while she paced up and down, maybe she just needed to get this off her chest. But then he grabbed her wrist as she passed him again and pulled her towards him. He timidly brushed back her ginger hair after lifting his hand.

"No, that just shows that not everyone is a killer, Sage. And that's a good thing", he emphasized seriously as he stared into her eyes. "Killing someone shouldn't leave you cold, like me, or some others. Even if Fawn deserves it, be glad you still have enough conscience left that you can't just kill someone like it's nothing special."