十二 | Inside (+ Lunar New Year Special🏮)

No ones pov

After the report, the master of the demon slayer corps decided the phoenix shall stay hidden to let Kibutsuji Muzan think, she died. Because of that one traitor, some demons are lurking around the headquarters forcing the Ubuyashikis to move. As for the hashiras, they were busy to look for those demons.

As for now, Natori was either staying with the Rengoku family or sometimes at at the butterfly estate.

It was peaceful for her.

"Natori, look what I get for you!" Ruka came back from buying groceries, but she held out a cloth in front of the phoenix demon, "it bothers me that you still wear your torn ones."

And in no time, Ruka helped her to wear the new ones, "Thanks Ruka."

"Nuh uh," Ruka forced her to sit down, "Let's also get your hair done."

Natori's pov

How time flies...

I still remember the day when Uzui came with his wives in a rush. He was in a bad shape after the fight with upper rank six. I'm still shocked about one change, I remember one of his wives dragging me outside to heal her husband but it was daytime. It was so suddenly since she just woke me up from a nap.

The next thing I knew, I was walking under the sunlight. It took me a while to register it in my head while his wives apologised to me. Senjuro, Shinjuro and Ruka panicked but since I was alright they where confused like me why I did not burn.

They left after I ensured them that it was okay and as for Uzui, his wound is healed but his missing hand didn't grow back. He retired.

On the same day, when Kyojuro came back from his patrol at night. I shared him the news and he wasn't surprised...

He smiled apologetic and told me that I already conquered the sun on the day I was lured in the trap.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"I..." there was a conflicted expression on his face that I couldn't understand, "I was worried..."

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

He avoided eye contact turning his head away and his gaze landed on the ground.
"Will you... leave?" he started.

"Eh?" why would I? I couldn't see his face, what was wrong with him?
"why would I leave?"

"You can do anything you want without worrying about the sun, isn't it great?" he explained.

"You want to get rid of me?" I concluded.

"No, that's not what I meant!" he exclaimed while looking at me seriously.

"Then why are you concerned?" I tilted my head again.

"Uh...nevermind."

𓅘

No ones pov

"Invitation to celebrate Lunar New Year together..." the red winged demon repeated, "should I... really go?" she stared at the invitation letter in Shinjuro's hand.