[1]

Rumble's been working with Veigar in secret for a long while, it's a miracle that he's managed to keep it hidden. The giant sorcerer mech, that was Rumble. The crazy metal weapons and tools, that was Rumble. Veigar's contraptions getting fixed up, that's Rumble; He does that a lot.

The reason is a little unclear to both of them. Veigar never thought anyone would be so quick to help him destroy their own home city, and Rumble never thought he'd be so evil himself either. But when you grow less and less attached to the people who were supposed to love you, well, things become a little gray...

Rumble's version of revenge against a society that constantly teases him, is to back up the guy with the most annoying inconveniences. Besides, it's not like Veigar's ever done any real crappy damage besides destroying a few buildings and crashing a few public events, so Rumble's not entirely guilty in his mind. He still helps his fellow yordle protectors on the battlefield, much to Veigar's dismay, and he helps rebuild too.

But along the way of betrayal and villainy, Rumble made a new friend; One that almost knows him better than anyone else. It's odd to Rumble how misunderstood it seems Veigar is amongst his fellow yordles. Veigar thinks he's evil, but in reality, he's just coping. Coping with the traumas of the past of which Veigar claims to not recall, only to wake up with nightmares on cold nights about it. Veigar is so complicated, and Rumble thinks it's the most amazing thing that could ever befall a yordle.

Yordles are skewed in believing in community, hope, dreams. Veigar is the outlier in the madness that are yordle standards, and Bandle City HATES that...

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" Veigar scoffs, "I'm not funny to look at! YOU BETTER NOT BE MAKING FUN OF ME!"

Rumble snickers, "I'm not. Just glad to see you maybe" he admits.

"Really!?"

"Yeah; We're friends right?"

Veigar nods, "yeah I guess-"

Veigar IS friends with Rumble, Rumble knows this. All Veigar needs to understand is how much their friendship matters. It's a little difficult though, Veigar doesn't quite get these connections like he once did; The Bastion tore him apart to unfixable lengths. It's tedious, hard work, but Rumble is willing to give it all away for Veigar to finally feel empathy again. He doesn't know why he's willing to do this.

"Good"

> — <> — <> — <> — <> — <> — <

Maybe he's obsessed, a little lonely if being honest. The other yordles are great, Rumble still sees them everyday. But Veigar, Veigar is Rumble's FAVORITE.

Maybe (and he feels bad at the thought), he's just projecting because he's still upset over Tristana's silent rejections. But, Veigar's just a friend right? Tristana was more than a friend, to Rumble at least.

But Veigar's getting close, in a way that would make the other yordles' skins crawl, in a way that's mildly similar and mildly dangerous (to Tristana). Rumble doesn't really grow this idea of a romantic bond between them, choosing to ignore the concepts, but it's undeniable that he is in fact down bad for the sorcerer.

There are so many places that Rumble's written on a notepad by his desk, ones he's wanted to take Tristana to if they ever had time to hang out as friends (and even more, Rumble had hoped). But Tristana never really paid much mind to Rumble's efforts; He decides they'd be better spent with someone else. But whom?