day 1

Gloria's eyelids fluttered open, her vision blurred by a haze of pain. The sting of her bruises, the ache in her limbs, all served as cruel reminders of the ordeal she had endured. As consciousness seeped back into her battered body, she fought against the fog of confusion that clouded her mind.

Where am I?

The room was shrouded in darkness, save for the dim light filtering through a small, barred window high above. A cold, damp chill hung in the air, sending shivers down her spine. Slowly, she pushed herself up from the cold floor, wincing as pain lanced through her every movement.

As her eyes adjusted to the dimness, Gloria's gaze swept across her surroundings. The walls were bare, painted a sickly shade of gray that seemed to absorb what little light there was. There were no windows save for the solitary one above, and the door—solid steel, with no visible handle or lock—loomed ominously before her.

Panic clawed at her chest as she struggled to piece together the events that had led her here. She remembered the flower shop, the scent of roses mingling with the warmth of sunlight streaming through the windows. And then... darkness. A flash of pain, the screech of tires, and then nothing.

She had been kidnapped.

But by whom? The face of her attacker was a blur, hidden behind a mask of darkness. All she could recall was the car—sleek and black, a luxury sedan that she had seen parked outside the flower shop that fateful day.

The realization sent a shiver of dread coursing through her veins. Whoever had taken her, they were not amateurs. They had planned this meticulously, with ruthless precision.

Gloria's trembling fingers brushed against her bruised skin, tracing the jagged lines of pain that marred her flesh. She was alone, trapped in this grim prison with no hope of escape. Tears stung her eyes as despair threatened to overwhelm her.

But amidst the darkness, a spark of determination flickered to life within her. She would not give up—not yet. She would find a way out of this nightmare, no matter the cost.

With newfound resolve, Gloria rose to her feet, her muscles protesting with every step. The journey ahead would be fraught with danger, but she would face it head-on. For she was not just a victim—she was a survivor.

And she would fight to see the light of day once more.

With trembling limbs, Gloria pushed herself upright, her muscles protesting with every movement. She glanced around the sparse room once more, her eyes landing on a small, cracked mirror hanging on the wall. Slowly, she made her way towards it, her heart pounding in her chest.

As she stood before the mirror, the harsh truth of her appearance stared back at her. Her once-lustrous curls were now a tangled mess, matted with sweat and grime. Her makeup, meticulously applied just hours ago, was smeared and streaked across her face, a stark reminder of the violence she had endured. And her clothes—she barely recognized them. They were not her own, but a nondescript set of pajamas, ill-fitting and worn.

Disgust and horror welled up within her as she took in her reflection. This was not who she was. She was Gloria—a woman of strength and resilience, not a victim to be toyed with by some faceless assailant.

Summoning every ounce of courage she possessed, Gloria tore her gaze away from the mirror and turned towards the small window. With a sense of trepidation, she approached it, her heart pounding in her ears.

Peering out through the grimy glass, Gloria's breath caught in her throat as she caught sight of the car parked in the desolate alley below. It was the same car—the sleek, black sedan that had haunted her nightmares since that fateful day. She recognized it, though she could not place where she had seen it before.

The realization sent a chill down her spine. Whoever had taken her had been watching, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. But why? What did they want from her?

Questions swirled through Gloria's mind, each more terrifying than the last. But amidst the fear and uncertainty, a flicker of determination burned within her. She would not be cowed by her captors. She would find a way to escape, to reclaim her life and her freedom.

Drawing a deep breath, Gloria turned away from the window, her eyes scanning the room for any sign of hope. There was none—not yet. But she refused to give up. She would fight, tooth and nail, until she was free once more.