𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 3 : 𝓢𝓴𝓲𝓹 𝓪 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽

Charlotte's POV

I know it's not my fault, but it feels like I did this to her. So, out of guilt, I accompanied her to the hospital. Something about her makes me want to protect her for no reason. 

Maybe I cared for her only because from my own experience, it can be frustrating and a nuisance for a dancer to get hurt at this critical moment in time. 

Looking back before the practice, I should've known that she's not a professional dancer, whom I can direct and instruct to dance for hours without a break. But, she took my advice very well, making me fail to remember that she's just a singer. 

Actually, I knew about her since she's a famous singer, but it didn't cross my mind that she's a beginner at dancing. Even though the boss warned me not to get strict with her artist, I disregarded his request. I need to keep my ego in check these days and not get ahead of myself, or people will get hurt because of me. 

Waiting along the hospital hallway, I let Engfa sit while waiting for her queue to see a doctor. Silently, we waited until her name was called out. So, I assisted her now and then until it was time for the doctor to check on her.

"Are you her guardian?" The doctor asked me.

I could only nod since Engfa trusted me to accompany her to the hospital. "As I examined her left ankle, it showed a low range of motion and near her lateral ligament areas, there is tenderness and swelling, indicating tear of ligaments. We're going to get an x-ray scan of her left ankle to see how severe is the ligament damage." 

"Alright, Doctor," I noted, hoping the injury was not severe. 

...

After that late afternoon, she was now given crutches to let the pain subsides. She was also given medications to be consumed whenever needed. Thankfully, the doctor said if she get enough rest, she will eventually heal her ankle in less than 2 weeks. 

The doctor also mentioned that Engfa sees her after 2 weeks to restore her ankle's range of motion, strength, flexibility and stability. But I refused the doctor's decision, "No need for that, Doc... I will regularly check up on her recovery and retrain the ankle muscles to work together. I am very much familiar with this kind of injury as I am a dancer myself." 

Without objection, she agreed with me and even encouraged me to do it. Engfa was surprised to see me being proactive to help her heal her ankle but I couldn't be bothered. 

I sent her home and before she was gone, I got her number so I could give her a dance lesson while she's still recovering. The truth is she needs more time and practice more despite me telling her boss that she's doing fine with her practice and even said her dance was okay. 

Hopefully, my dance lessons with her won't clash with my school's schedule. 

Talking about school now, I might need to prepare for my registration since next week, I will start my semester and honestly, I'm not looking forward to this.

I don't want to make the same mistake as my previous university where almost everyone recognised me because some of my dance videos went viral on YouTube. Although I am famous around the country, but Thailand, I still refuse to experience it again. I better keep it on the down low, wear glasses and wig and act nerdy.

------------------------------------------------------

Engfa's POV

Glancing up, I was looking at Charlotte after she guided me on the use of crutches. As we approached my doorstep, unluckily, there happened to be many stairs on the way. 

When Charlotte looked upon the stairs, she instantly gave up on the crutches and let me put my weight on my left side on her shoulder. Eventually, we made up to the inside of my house, feeling exhausted. She watched me intently, before saying goodbye. If she asked how am I feeling, I would've felt less miserable but she didn't. 

But not long after that, someone knocked on my door and I opened it to see Charlotte bringing a poke bowl with green juices. Closing her eyes, she said nothing for a second, and then, she spoke to me in a low tone, "Eat well and rest." Just like that, she was gone. 

In my head, I wished she would've brought papaya salad and mango because the food that she brought was too foreign for me to eat. I am definitely an ungrateful brat! But why is she being charming like that, making my heart stutters...

Fast forward to next week, my ankle starts to swell less and I don't need crutches to walk anymore, thanks to some delivery guy who without a miss, delivers healthy meals to my house every day. I don't know why but, I have a feeling that it was all Charlotte's arrangement. I guess she really wanted me to heal faster just like I do. 

...

On the first day back at my university, Nudee knew about my injury and offered to help me make my way around the campus with ease. Even so, we went our separate ways once I entered my classroom since Nudee is a freshman while I am in my final year and was fortunate that the university let me catch up with where I left off. 

The second I sit down, the lecturer comes in and greets everyone. Along with that, he never forgot to introduce me to the different batch of students since I was not here during the last two semesters. 

Not long after, he also notified me that there would be a transfer student from another university (abroad) because they joined a twinning program where the student would be able to gain a global perspective and experience the culture of the partner institutions' country. And she was actually already in the room with us. 

Indeed, she was sitting next to me, without me realising it. I guess new student attracts each other. 

Feeling shy, I was looking at her silhouette from my peripheral vision and the first thing I noticed was her pinchable cheeks. How can someone's cheek be that puffy?

Then, I observed her in detail just to see that she was actually secretly eating in silence, without the lecturer noticing. She had brown hair and wore big glasses, which covered her beauty and as soon as I went to her up close, I sensed a familiar smell. I have smelled this perfume before, but don't know who it belongs.

The closer I got to her, the more she became aware and looked me in the eyes. And that's when I sensed another familiarisation. I have seen her eyes somewhere, but I don't remember her at all.

"What's your name?" I gathered the courage to ask her.

Looking down, she stopped munching and introduced herself, "It's Ch- Murek Austin..."

"Oh, Hello Murek, my name is Engfa... nice to meet you!" I offered my hand. 

She nodded and shook my hand. Being extra curious, my eyes automatically scanned on her hand, specifically her nails. She has edgy nail art despite her nerdy appearance. 

Is she really who she is?

Author's Notes:

Hey, Siri! Play Double take by Dhruv