True Love Never Dies. Part 1

From Melissa Lau

London,UK

May 25th,1995; My 11th birthday party

My best friend James, Also Eleven (Who i've known all my life) gave me a small silver box with the red ribbon and whispered"Happy birthday Mandy! i love you" and gave me the smile that made my heart miss a beat. I opened the box slowly and let out a gasp. He'd bought me a silver ring that had a big shining diamond. It was so pretty. No...It was more than pretty. Way beyond pretty. It was beautiful. Surely he must have made a mistake. A diamond ring for me? I'm only Eleven. I looked at him, with my mouth opened. "Well? Do you like it?" He asked. "N-n-o James I-i don't l-i-ike i-it, i-i LOVE it!" I told him. "That's great! Im glad you love it"He said. I stared at the ring for a few more minutes until James took the ring out. He picked up my hand and placed the ring on my index finger slowly. It was the perfect fit! I smiled at him. I love him so much but we've never been anything but best friend's. His mum died when he was 9 but nothing brang him down. That's one of the reason's why i love him. "I love you too James" I whispered to him. Our eyes met and he leaned closer to my lips. His soft lips crushed mine slowly. My first kiss was with James when we was doing a end-of-term production of Cinderella when we was 5 but i've never had another kiss after that. So this was my second and It felt electric! "CAKE TIME MANDY DARLING!" Mum shouted from the living room. James leaned back and took my hand and said "Come on Cinderella!" I gave him one of my prettiest smiles and said "Lets go Prince Charming!"

June 14th,1999; The letter

I walked back home, by myself today. I usually walk with James as he lives down my road but today he wasn't in school. I'll call him soon. I checked the mail when I got home and their was a small envelope for me. It was James handwriting...Why would he send a letter if I see him everyday and lives down the street? I opened the letter and it read:

Dear Cinderella,

I didn't want to tell you on the phone or face-to-face so I wrote you a letter today while you was at school. I didn't want to see or hear you cry or hurt so I thought a letter would be the best option. Well...My dad got a good job down at Paris and they need him there. Dad wants me to move with him in Paris. I told him no because I didn't want to leave you Mands. But he told me I had to or he would drag me. I told him I would stay at your house until the job is finished but he said that we are moving to Paris forever. I couldn't help but cry. Im so sorry to leave you. I didn't have a choice. You are the best girlfriend ever and I would never stop loving you. Im sorry Princess. I promise we will meet one day and hope you have all the children you want and a loving, caring husband.

i Love You Princess Mandy

Best of luck, Prince Charming xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.s : I will write you a letter once a week, My new adress:

12 Rouge rue

Paris

France

ON4 5JK

Tears where flowing down my cheek. Why? How can he leave me. I love him...No no I don't believe this. I opened the front door and ran as fast as I could to James house. I knocked his door. No answer. I knocked again and again. Still no answer. I looked into the letterbox and shouted his name repeatedly. Still no answer. I took a long look at his house through the letter box. It was empty. Just a few paintings and that's all. I cried on his doorstep for ages. I looked at my watch. It was 8:07pm. I'm not moving a step until he comes back. I don't believe he will leave me here. He loved me right? How can he tell me to have all the children I want and a caring, loving husband? He was my future husband and the dad of all our children. How could he do this? "Mandy darling?"Mum shouted from down the street. "Where are you?"Dad shouted.

They soon found me and hugged me tightly. "We've been so worried about you!"Mum said. She started kissing my forehead. Dad brought out tissue and wiped my tears. I could'nt stop crying.

The love of my life was gone? I know Im 15 but I was sure this was love. My heart is shattered to milions of pieces. I was so hurt.

To Be Continued. Please comment and send me an email : melissaaaa-x3@hotmail.co.uk