𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 6: 𝓖𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓹𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓴

Engfa's POV

After Charlotte left, my concern lessened when she brought up the mango. Though mango is not the main reason I loosen myself, the fact that she cared about my well-being says a lot about her.

I think I can rest well today without overthinking my priorities because honestly, I am only human to handle one problem at a time. On top of that, I do not forget to take my medication and dietary supplements as Charlotte reminded me to take. Even before she went home, she felt responsible for changing the bandage of my ankle and giving the skin of my foot time to breathe. Because of her care, I became motivated to look up for my day tomorrow.

The next morning, I don't have any classes so I make use of my time and start doing assignments. When I remembered what Murek gave me, I typed the Google Doc link to do my work.

Without expecting anything, I opened the link to see if my eyes were seeing the wrong thing. Having another look at the document, I saw orderly, intensive research for our topic. It was arranged accordingly and I was even more impressed when she added comments for anything that I might found confusing or needed further explanation.

"And she did everything overnight?? Wow..." The amount of shock couldn't describe how astonished I was and began to see Murek as someone responsible for her task. Maybe, I shouldn't judged her based on her personality.

Realising she is currently online right now, I take this opportunity to chat via the comment area.

Me🐶 : Hey...when did you start doing your research?

Not me waiting for five minutes until she responds to my comment. Since I didn't want to look desperate, waiting for her answer, I pretended to focus on watching my dance performance practice that was recorded by Charlotte.

Ding!

The sound of the notification coming from my laptop soon caught my attention. Immediately, I was curious to see her comment.

Murek🐰: I did it last night. You don't have to start research now...take your time. We still have a semester to complete it.

Me🐶: But...you already research everything without giving me anything to do...

Murek🐰: How about this, you can modify or add more information and start doing the presentation while I draft our report. Is that okay with you?

Me🐶: That sounds great! Just let me know when you want me to show our presentation, alright?

Murek🐰: Okay.

Throughout the entire time researching for information about my assignment, I was actually grateful to have Murek as my partner for the group assignment. She made it seem so effortless and guided me if I had any questions regarding the assignment.

And just like that, I spent five hours doing research and planning to organise my slides. I have never felt this accomplished before in my entire life, which makes me enjoy my Uni life even more. Just when I was about to log off my laptop, I was again getting a notification from Murek.

Murek🐰: Have a rest, Engfa. You did a great job today.

Reading from my notification, without thinking, I was already smiling and feeling great about all my hard work. Of course, not taking credit for myself, I also commented that Murek did great as well. Even better than me. So, to reward myself, I let myself fall into a deep nap before I give myself time to watch some of the video performances for my concert.

...

Around half past seven, I woke up to eat dinner while analysing my dance performances. Taking it easy, I decided to focus on two routines only so I don't overwhelm myself faster.

As I watched the performances, I couldn't help but daydream about dancing with Charlotte as if I was there with her during the performance. I think I am just too excited to start my dance practice again.

How I wish I could heal quickly...

But looking at my ankle, I realised maybe I had healed already. Thrilling about the thought of recovering, I take a photo and send it to Charlotte to ask for her advice about my ankle. Not long after, she replied saying that it's only been a week after my injury.

Charlotte🥭: No. You have to rest a little more and then you can slowly do movement exercises to restore your ankle functions. Take it easy, Fa.

At first, I thought I was reading it wrong when Charlotte addressed me using a nickname basis. Because of that, my mood changed in a good way and so, I took her advice to focus on two performances only.

After a while, I slowly got to understand the emotion of each performance and grasp the moves as we spoke. I don't even know how long time flies when I hear another notification from Charlotte. She is sure not sleeping anytime soon now.

Charlotte🥭: I am at the front of your house now.

Jumping in shock, I panicked to see why she was here late at night. Walking towards my door, I opened and allowed her to enter my home. However, she refused to go in as she only wanted to deliver my mango. The mango she promised to give every day to cheer me up for the day.

"You know, you don't have to give me this mango, right?" I was guilty of making her way to my house at this hour.

Shaking her head, she disagrees with my opinion, "I wanted to. So be it. Here...you can take it. I have to go."

Not rushing her with anything, I held her arm to stop her from going, "Are you sure you're only here to give me this mango?"

"Yes, I'm sure." She was confident with her answer. Feeling grateful for her effort, I thanked her. However, I observed she never failed to wear a mask whenever she visited. Is she sick? or She is a fanatic at wanting to prevent infection?

Slipping that question out of my mouth, I saw Charlotte taken aback by what I said, to which I realised that I was actually asking that question about her wearing a mask.

Before she bid her farewell, she answered my question, "Because I am shy..."

Because of her answer, it made me question myself even more. Did she become shy because of me or what?

And for that, is it a good thing for me?

Author's Notes:

Play Shy by Jai Waetford.